SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to officially say hello to you all. I've been lurking/reading these boards for some time now, figured I might as well join in the fray.
My name's Greg, and I have a '93 classic. 148,000 on the clock, engine is stock inside, have the usual bolt-ons plus a NOS wet manifold 50-shot. Just finished installing a direct port, and am sorting it out (with much help from Andreas, Manny Gonzalez, Dan Paramore, etc.).
Bought the SE-R new, ran up the miles, always wanted to race. *Used* to race V8/RWD machines in my youth. Don't hold it against me...
Anyhoo...I'm happy to be posting, and look forward to sharing cool SE-R stuff with all of you.
My SE-R webpage contains a lot about my car, plus drag racing/autocross videos: http://www.geocities.com/herdinsider/serpage.html

------------------
Greg P., '93 SE-R w/
148,000 miles, JWT
pop, header, ProActive
clutch, ST bar, NOS
50--shot (direct port
installed, yet to run),
[email protected] 1/4
mile, [email protected] 1/8
mile, 2.05 60-ft.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, Serban...
The intake is doing just fine, thank you. The NOS direct-port install went fine. It's just much more tricky a setup than the single fogger is. So, I've had to try many different combinations of jetting/timing/spark plugs to get the thing going.
Two new sets of jets are to arrive tomorrow by UPS, and then hopefully we can get the thing to hit properly, instead of running pig-rich. We'll get it.
Your intake manifold is in my car, with the direct port plumbed into it. I'm still eyeing your Primera header...
BTW...I added another video on my site, you should check it out. It's of an 1/8 mile pass on the drag strip last week.
Good to hear from you, Serban.

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Hope you get it running right soon, glad everything is working out for you, I'm waiting on some mount inserts to arrive by UPS as well, and i have that header lying around, whenever you can get it, let me know and i'll send it out. i'll go check out the video now, its probably cool like the rest.

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
http://www.geocities.com/serban91r

·
Registered
513 Posts
Welcome to the forum Greg. Good to see another '93 owner in here. Especially since we all know they're the best, wait did I just say that? *duck*
I like your site and look forward to your contributions to the community.

------------------
Kevin
93 Ruby Pearl Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kevin;

I don't know if '93s are the best or not...
However, we didn't begin racing our '93 until the 146,000 mile mark. Only thing replaced was a fuel pump at 108k. After 85+ passes with nitrous, and more than two dozen autocrosses, the thing just keeps coming back for more.
'93s are tough, I can say that.
Thanks for the welcome.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kevin;

I don't know if '93s are the best or not...
However, we didn't begin racing our '93 until the 146,000 mile mark. Only thing replaced was a fuel pump at 108k. After 85+ passes with nitrous, and more than two dozen autocrosses, the thing just keeps coming back for more.
'93s are tough, I can say that.
Thanks for the welcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts