SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ironman
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The subject of G-Force helmets comes up from time to time. Many folks seem to think they are low quality due to the low price. I'm here to tell you that is not true. I worried about this myself until I saw one first-hand and tried it on. I think the G-Force helmets are better quality than the Bell and Simpson helmets I've had. As a bonus, all their current SA offerings are Kevlar helmets. You really notice the weight difference when it's on your head (or at least I do).

I highly recommend G-Force.

Here's a couple of pix of mine after returning from being professionally painted. :)

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Man, that is beautiful George. A paint job that nice HAS to drop your lap times. :)

Which model G-Force is that, and where would you suggest buying it from?

Chris

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Looks amazing! It makes me want to repaint mine. It's all nasty and chipped.

I guess that's kind of cool too, in a rugged kind of Steve McQueen kind of way. Or something... :)

James

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Geo, whats your take on the G-Force harnesses?

·
Ironman
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chriscar said:
Man, that is beautiful George. A paint job that nice HAS to drop your lap times. :)

Which model G-Force is that, and where would you suggest buying it from?

Chris
Thanks. Yeah, I figure I should look fast if I can't be fast. ;)

It's the Air model (forced air).

As for where to buy from, it pretty much seems everyone has the same price. Kerry bought me mine from Bobby Archer Motorsports. Don't buy there. She paid $50 over list.

Racer Wholesale seems to be the major distributor/retailer.

·
Ironman
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
paNX2K&SE-R said:
Geo, whats your take on the G-Force harnesses?
Well......

I plan on buying one. They have one that is FIA homologated.

I have a G-Force helmet, suit, socks, gloves, and I will be buying belts and shoes from them.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Cool thats good enough for me :)

I was in a hurry to get to work and I neglected to mention that the helmet is absolutely gorgeous.

Geo91SER said:
Well......

I plan on buying one. They have one that is FIA homologated.

·
Ironman
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
paNX2K&SE-R said:
Cool thats good enough for me :)

I was in a hurry to get to work and I neglected to mention that the helmet is absolutely gorgeous.
THANKS!! :)

·
Ironman
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JimR said:
It's 2004, and means we're closer than not to the SA05 rating.

Buy a SA00 helmet on sale (making a G-Force really cheap), or wait for the new rating?
If the Snell Memorial Foundation is true to form, the SA05 rated helmets won't come out until 2006. They usually issue the new ratings a year later and one time it was two years.

·
54C PWNS ME
1,840 Posts
Where did you get it Painted, and how much if you mind me asking. I use a Snell M95 KBC motorcycle helmet. My cousin worked at a motorcycle dealer at the time and he hooked me up. IIRC it is a carbon/kevlar helmet as well. I could complain about air ventalation though. I may shop for a new helmet sometime if i find the money for one.

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Holy carp!

No wonder it looks so good. That's a whack of cash though. Mine is ok, for the price of some masking tape and a few spraycans.

James

·
Ironman
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
spnx said:
Holy carp!

No wonder it looks so good. That's a whack of cash though. Mine is ok, for the price of some masking tape and a few spraycans.

James
Yep. I wanted a really nice job on this one. All of my previous ones were home rattlecan paintjobs.

·
Ironman
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
download said:
Check out my helmet and paintjob...what do you think?
Very nice.

Who did the graphics?

·
Ironman
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BTW, got any larger photos?

·
Ironman
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
download said:
I bought everything from helmetgraphics.com, but Buddy Babbit the webmaster/painter died recently.
Oh yeah! I was looking to have them do my helmet, especially because they were right here in Houston. Just about the time I was going to get it done, he died.

Outstanding graphics.

What do you race?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
JimR said:
It's 2004, and means we're closer than not to the SA05 rating.

Buy a SA00 helmet on sale (making a G-Force really cheap), or wait for the new rating?
The SA2000 won't be obsolete until SA2010 models come out though right? So that gives you 6 years of life, I would probably want to replace any helmet by then anyway.

George, the helmet looks awesome. Are you going to use the forced air? Does it get as nasty hot out there as it does in SoCal?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts