SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SHIFT__POP WHEELY PARTS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i know this might sound funny, and im sure most of you 240 guys know that the k24 is a truck motor cause it is the same as the nissan hardbody might not be exact but it is the same as the nissan frontier k24, and that motor came in the 240 i knoe that it was in the 94-98 version i think that it is the s14 model. any who i was reading my sport compact car mag, and they had a article upon a 240 project car that you can build for under 8,000 or something like that. and they were saying that the k24 and the sr20det rwd version have the same engine mounts and the trans was the same legnth, so the drive shaft will fit. if this is true then you sould be able to with little to no modification fir one in a nissan frontier. i know the trans is way different cause it is geared different duh its a truck, anyway back to the point, if it is as they say besides adding extra terimnals on the wiring horness and slight mods you can have an sr20det powered truck!! now in the mag they said they had jwt ecu and adjustable cam gears and a homebrew piping, they were rinning 1/4 ml time of 13. something with the power to weight ratio in advantage with a truck and having traction bars in the rear to provent wheel hop i rhink low 13's to sub 12's can be accomplished. WHAT DO YOU THINK.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
b13ghini said:
yes i know this might sound funny, and im sure most of you 240 guys know that the k24 is a truck motor cause it is the same as the nissan hardbody might not be exact but it is the same as the nissan frontier k24, and that motor came in the 240 i knoe that it was in the 94-98 version i think that it is the s14 model. any who i was reading my sport compact car mag, and they had a article upon a 240 project car that you can build for under 8,000 or something like that. and they were saying that the k24 and the sr20det rwd version have the same engine mounts and the trans was the same legnth, so the drive shaft will fit. if this is true then you sould be able to with little to no modification fir one in a nissan frontier. i know the trans is way different cause it is geared different duh its a truck, anyway back to the point, if it is as they say besides adding extra terimnals on the wiring horness and slight mods you can have an sr20det powered truck!! now in the mag they said they had jwt ecu and adjustable cam gears and a homebrew piping, they were rinning 1/4 ml time of 13. something with the power to weight ratio in advantage with a truck and having traction bars in the rear to provent wheel hop i rhink low 13's to sub 12's can be accomplished. WHAT DO YOU THINK.
You misspelled "inspiration" in your avatar.

·
Always Different !
812 Posts
Forget the SR20. I plan on the R34 or maybe a R33 RB26DETT into my Frontier when the present Diesel expires. Already have the box, looking for an LSD rear end.

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
The KA24DE can handle boost pretty much just like the SR20 Can. It will make more Tq AND spool a bigger turbo faster. The only downside is that you cant rev it like the DET. BUt with all that TQ down low you dont need to!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts