SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dammit, I left my copy of GRM at work or I'd reference the specifics. I was just browsing today, during lunch, and an article caught my eye. There are new koni's available, other than the red or yellows. I believe they are gold colored. Anyway, according to their test, the did very well on the track... got the fastest lap times. And, the adjust themselves, which means that they are also very smooth over bumps and cracks.

I went to the koni site when I got home, but could find no information on them or whether they're available for our cars... tirerack.com, either. My mind is boggling, I was going to have Steve do the red inserts for me, then have been thinking of changing and have him do the yellows, instead. Now, just another log on the fire... if they're really available to us.

If not, I'm going for the yellows.

Peace,
Mark

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
mark get some coil overs :tongue:

on another note....you know your avatar is a red x?

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I know about the red x, it's a blue ? mark on my screen. I've vaccilated way too many times over my suspension. It'll be shortened koni's.

The yellows seem to be for more aggressive driving, and the reds not as aggressive. It might help to look at the price difference. I was also reading some of the older threads, that the yellows need some extra tinkering to fit on our cars. Blegh! This always happens when I have extra money... decision hell.

Peace,
Mark

·
8,886 Posts
vladha said:
Yeah, I know about the red x, it's a blue ? mark on my screen. I've vaccilated way too many times over my suspension. It'll be shortened koni's.

The yellows seem to be for more aggressive driving, and the reds not as aggressive. It might help to look at the price difference. I was also reading some of the older threads, that the yellows need some extra tinkering to fit on our cars. Blegh! This always happens when I have extra money... decision hell.

Peace,
Mark

My price for the Yellows have droped. I can get Yellow for $6 more then the reds. $675 installed price (all 4) at my current pricing.

·
Dreamin' of VVL
791 Posts
98sr20ve said:
My price for the Yellows have droped. I can get Yellow for $6 more then the reds. $675 installed price (all 4) at my current pricing.
For that price, Mark, I suggest the Yellow's. They ride just as smooth as the red's. The nice thing about the yellows, is that for the typical 300/200 spring combo, the red's need to be close to max setting for proper dampening, where the yellows are adjusted close the full soft for the same dampening.

·
8,886 Posts
People who drive AGX's often set the dampeing on the Koni's too stiff. You can set them in the 2/3 range and be perfectly content. It will ride like a normal performance car rather then all harsh. I ran my reds at 2/3's for about 70K. I still get comments from people who drive in the car after 100K that it's very nice. For the money the Yellows are clearly the way to go now.

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, just viewed the price difference btwn the reds and yellows... savings of about $80. Nothing to break the bank, but... Of course, I think Steve charges more to fit the yellows than he does the reds;).

Now, all I have to do is keep my fingers crossed and make sure(knocking on wood) that no more emergencies happen. The last time I had money saved for this, my wife made a poor decision in traffic... guess who had to pay the detuctible?

I've already got the extra set of stock struts, next up, best price for the yellows... forget about Christmas and my wife and the twins birthday in 2 weeks;).

Peace,
Mark

·
8,886 Posts
vladha said:
Wow, just viewed the price difference btwn the reds and yellows... savings of about $80. Nothing to break the bank, but... Of course, I think Steve charges more to fit the yellows than he does the reds;).

Now, all I have to do is keep my fingers crossed and make sure(knocking on wood) that no more emergencies happen. The last time I had money saved for this, my wife made a poor decision in traffic... guess who had to pay the detuctible?

I've already got the extra set of stock struts, next up, best price for the yellows... forget about Christmas and my wife and the twins birthday in 2 weeks;).

Peace,
Mark
If you are going to have me do it then I can get them and I don't have to pay for the shipping to me and neither do you.

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All right, let me put the final touches on my expen$e fund. I guess it was a good thing I didn't get them before now... not that I appreciated having to spend money for my wife's detuctible.

Steve, I'll be in touch. Need to sell some more "stuff" on ebay;). I also bought a brand new white line brace this weekend and am also going to upgrade the tires to 205/50/15(Hankook Z212's).

Peace,
Mark

P.S. I checked the prices on the koni golds.... starts at $900, ouch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts