SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sooo after taking out the many lbs of sound deadening and firewall stuffs, I coated the chassis with spray truck bed lining.

there was all that was taken out.

Fun Stuffs :D

·
I love Katamari
1,187 Posts
nice job - I was thinking about that too, but a little apprehensive - how tough was it to spray, just like paint or tougher? how much did you put on (thickness, weight)?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bjorn said:
nice job - I was thinking about that too, but a little apprehensive - how tough was it to spray, just like paint or tougher? how much did you put on (thickness, weight)?
It took more cans than I thought. If you are going to do it, buy like 5 cans. It's kinda harder to spray than paint because towards the end of the can, it just starts coming out like water, so it doesn't give a nice spray and it gets everywhere when you shake it. It's not very thick though, just enough to cover up the paint. Let the car set for a full day though, because it tends to chip easy if you don't. Also, if you don't like the smell, be sure to buy 5 air fresheners too. :D

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
nx fuer, where you in the calabrias italian restuarant parking lot a month or 2 ago? i was outside with a few of my coworkers pointing out that someone else in the state does indeed own an nx2000. it looked just like yours.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NissanTuner said:
nx fuer, where you in the calabrias italian restuarant parking lot a month or 2 ago? i was outside with a few of my coworkers pointing out that someone else in the state does indeed own an nx2000. it looked just like yours.
I dont know, probly, i haven't seen any that look like mine around here. and....
To get the sound dead out, use dry ice. Check my other posts for a video of doing it. It's can be a biotch though in the corners.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SentraDragon said:
I got mine out with a hammer and chisel, wher edid you get the liner spray? Is it really heavy or is it light like paint?
I got it from a paint shop that sells car paint. It not light, but not heavy either. It sprays on light but after it hardens, it feels like the bottom of your shoe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts