SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE 5/22

We have the prototype done and Cody is now working on the DP. The jig is set and we should have pics for you guys today or tomorrow.

Brent

UPDATE

I talked to Cody and he will accept full prepayments through paypal and MO. For those that prepay now, we plan to have the manifold ship by the end of the month. He is going to focus on the EQ version first, then possibly jig the non-EQ one later because everyone that has talked to him wants the EQ version. There will be only TWO options of WG, 38mm and 44mm and they will both be open dump. There are to many options to do recirc dumps especially when he doesn't have an engine there all the time to work off of. We aren't sure if the 38mm will move enough air on a manifold this efficient so keep that in mind when you order. I would suggest a 44mm gate. We decided to do two jigs, one will be the 5 bolt T3 housing and the other will be the 4 bolt T3 housing. IF you have a GT series turbo, talk to Cody about fitment. He is planning to post on this thread over the weekend and look at what people are bringing up.

Ok, since the secret is out I talked to Cody and he is going to use my car to fab up a Mini-me manifold. There will be two versions, One is an equal length and the other is a standard mani with a collector (outperforms log manifolds in terms of flow and spool). Both versions will have a top mounted turbo. It will have a V-band connection at the turbo and a flex section in the DP. Both the manifold AND the DP will be done in stainless, he doesn't work with mild anymore. The manifold is made of Sch 40 304L Forged Stainless Steel and all TIG welded. There will be a prototype finished on the 15th of May and it will be 3-4 weeks delivery time from the time of order (he is still swamped with Honduh manifolds) Pricing is as follows for the first run:

List of Peeps that want in:

1) EXXD
2) SE-Rawkus
3) RHD (maybe)

Mini-Me manifold standard - $550-$600 (not set yet)
Mini-Me manifold equal length - $750
Downpipe w/flex section - $350 (dump pipe is $75 extra nd recirc is $100 extra)
Shipping - $25

He is going to take preorders for those that are interested, I have a list going and will post pictures of the turbo installed on the 15th. For pics of his work check out his website at http://www.lovefabinc.com/

Brent

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
those welds are damn nice

·
nothing but shenanigans
763 Posts
Wow, the sidewinder mani on there website is absolutely awesome. The downpipe looks like a snowmobile pipe, LOL.

Wicked stuff!

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
NX-DET said:
Wow, the sidewinder mani on there website is absolutely awesome. The downpipe looks like a snowmobile pipe, LOL.

Wicked stuff!
I had a sidewinder on my car, the only nissan lovefab one in existence. It is now sold to another forum member whom will remain nameless till he releases his new setup. It was a great manifold!

The pics I posted are of the NON-equal length mini-me manifold, I will have pics of the equal length one soon enough.

This was my sidewinder:

Brent

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
does this manifold fit all T3 flanged turbos? has he tested it with a Garrett 4-bolt housing (GT series or Ballistic)?

with the downward style manifold, its going to be a tight fit, but i like it...

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rockwood said:
does this manifold fit all T3 flanged turbos? has he tested it with a Garrett 4-bolt housing (GT series or Ballistic)?

with the downward style manifold, its going to be a tight fit, but i like it...
The 4 bolt housing on a T3 will push the DP back 1" toward the engine compared to a 5 bolt T3, but a 4 bolt T4 housing will be the same.

The manifold I posted pics of on my car is a one off he did for me. It is opposite a honduh manifold.

Brent

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
coach said:
The 4 bolt housing on a T3 will push the DP back 1" toward the engine compared to a 5 bolt T3, but a 4 bolt T4 housing will be the same.
actually, if its a downward facing manifold, it will push it 1" away from the engine compared to a 5 bolt. my current manifold (log) was meant for a 5 bolt, and my 4 bolt turbo is ON the valve cover.

coach said:
The manifold I posted pics of on my car is a one off he did for me. It is opposite a honduh manifold.
naw baws, the first manifold you posted pics of (the shorty) is a honduh manifold... :D

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, it is. I thought yo uwere talking about my sidewinder. This manifold will have the turbo mounted up top, that is why it is 1" closer and not away. We didn't want to deal with AC and stuff so just top mounted it.

Brent

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
coach said:
yeah, it is. I thought yo uwere talking about my sidewinder. This manifold will have the turbo mounted up top, that is why it is 1" closer and not away. We didn't want to deal with AC and stuff so just top mounted it.
gotcha. the pictured manifold would never clear the hood if it turned upwards, unless you wanted it sticking out of the hood for the mAd hOrsEpOwErz y0! :D

V band on the downpipe? so, will it come with a bolt on V band adapter?

·
Registered
161 Posts
sorry.........i didn't know it was a secret

but i'll probally be second in line with this setup :)

we had a minime on a honda setup...and it was just SICK!

·
Registered
476 Posts
So is a T4 the flange bolt pattern/fitting for a GT28RS?

1 - 20 of 139 Posts