1 - 12 of 12 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everybody.
just joined.
i have a question to all of u guys
how is it possible that a 140hp car can keep up or beat a car that has about 170 - 190 hp.

is it the weight?

how come the 140 hp SE-R be faster than a 140hp integra?

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Easy... place chocks under the rear wheels of the integra :D

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
WELCOME TO THE NISSAN CREW!!!!
Let me be the first to welcome you.
The fact is , the 140hp Integra is no match for the SE-R.
Neither is the Noen R/T, Older style Eclipse GS/RS, ZX2, or other 140HP cars I have raced on the street. The SR20DE is just a better engine.
The car weighs about 2,400 lbs.
As for the 170 -190lb cars. it just all depends on mods and engines. The Monte Carlo SS has a 200HP V6 engine but weighs nearly 3,2000lbs!! An easy kill!!!!

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
Yea, its mostly the weight. Small engines, obviously as are all engines, are especially sensitive to extra mass. Put 5 people in a four cylinder car and watch your quartermile time jettison down the proverbial drain.

Also, you can't forget about that Limited slip short ratio transaxle! that helps boatloads too.

finally, i'm under the belief that the SR responds very well to mods. you can test that theory out for yourself, or others can vouch for that :D

anyway, welcome! i think you'll find that this board is extremely helpful, open minded, and more than happy to offer any advice, opinions, thoughts, facts, and help that you may need.

Happy Nissan motoring

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
It's also the torque. Don't forget the torque.

The SR20DE generates 132 lbs of torque @ 4800 RPM's. Not too many Honda's, Mitsu's, Toy's generate that much torque at that HP rating.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
NismoPC said:
It's also the torque. Don't forget the torque.

Not too many Honda's, Mitsu's, Toy's generate that much torque at that HP rating.
especially Not the 140HP 1.8 Tegs. :D

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
also the engine weight is important, when i got my primera engine on tht pallete, it said weight was 220lbs, thats without the tranny...get a strong guy, and he could bench press it up in the engine bay easily :D

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
And furthermore, the SR20DE responds well to bolt-ons, or if you want to get serious, boost. It's not hard to make a SE-R go faster.

Our SR20 is the same mill Nissan uses for the Silvia and Pulsar GTi-R, and all the advantages trickle down to our smaller, lighter NA Sentras.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
SERBAN!!!!!
YOU ARE THE PICTURE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
Bro welcome to the forum. SR20DE and DET 's are bad ass motors. I have owned my Classic for 5 years now and honestly I can't imagine driving another car. My next car ( for my future wife) Will be a 99 Limited Sentra or a G20. I love SR20's . As for making them fast . They do respond awesome to bolt-ons like it was mentioned before. You can go Boost or you can go Juice (N20) if you want to go faster. I prefer JUICE:D . Well goodluck with you SE-R bro. Have fun!!!!!!!!

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
how is it possible
Area under the torque curve. The SR20 has a bunch of it. Honda engines generally don't. Plus the cars it propels are usually pretty light. My full interior Classic is 2600 lbs with a 6pt. bolt-in cage and a full tank of gas. Not bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts