SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY GREG!!!

Welcome to the club!!! I used to think I was crazy too for loving this car. The one referred to as the "Classic". I love the boxy look. I originally wanted to get a Datsun 510. But after extensive searching I just ended up buying a red '94 SE-R. I love it!
And I'm also going to get the 15 inch 200SX rims when I get the money. I think thats a sweet combo. I've only had my car for 3 weeks and I love it. I finally street raced it last night and was pretty impressed. It is still BONE stock. I beat out an Integra LS but his older uncle, the 98 accord, beat me by a fender. Wait till I get my CAI!!!

------------------
"Spidey"
3x ex-Honda owner

[This message has been edited by 94_REDSE-R (edited 04-22-2001).]

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
you should pull on any stock novtec integra. The accord ex, and v6 is a different story but they are not far out of reach. in my exp. at least

·
Registered
513 Posts
go to www.se-r.net/suspension for info on suspension. There is a new spring that has just been made that is has slightly higher spring rates than the eibach prokits (the traditional cheaper combo with agx's). And drop the car something like 1.2 inches all around. There is a group buy going on for them if you'd like to contact ben moses: [email protected], I believe it's his idea. If the deal gets at least 10 people, the price will be $162, 25 will bring it down to $128, I may consider them at that point. I'm on a limited budget right now myself. Good choice on the buy

------------------
Kevin
93 Classic
w/ advanced timing (Finally!)

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
yeah actually you are right about the accords. the last one i raced was before the timing was set. it was at like 9-10btdc!!!
the car had no mods anyway so i didn really care. i still killed hooked up civics. Careful though my friend John had a hooked up ex accord... and it moved. they are heavy but dont sleep on them

[This message has been edited by Bennitto Mallito (edited 04-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Bennitto Mallito (edited 04-23-2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello,

Glad to find this forum. This, in combination with SER.net and I have more info than I thought I would ever find.

I owned a grey 93' about six years ago. Fantasitic car. Unfortunately, a woman who decided it was a geat idea to make a 80 mph signal-less lane change, while doing her make up, forced me to swerve out of control and into the front end of the semi that was tailgating me. Thankfully, despite a horrific crash and damage, neither I nor my bud were injured in any way. Sentras are tough little puddle-jumpers!

Well, I recently graduated from law school and decided I would like to get another SE-R. I looked at the 200 SX and It just didn't appeal to me the way the older "classic" model did. Unfortunately, it took a while for me to find a good example with reasonable mileage. I finally found one in Atlanta w/ 78k and an owner with complete, extensive, records. This car is in wonderful shape for a 10 year (11?) old car. The only flaws are a few hailstone type dings in the body and a slightly rusty muffler.

Once again, this forum is a great resource. I really had no idea that there were so many people out there that loved this car. I always thought that I must be nuts--like most people claim I am after I tell them about my Sentra hot-rod!

Next up, new bushings, KYB AGXs and some type of sport springs. I don't want a spine-shattering ride--I just want to take the suspension up to the next level of streetable performance. What springs do you guys recomend with these shocks?

While I get the new underpinnings I'm thinking about upgrading to 15x7s from the 200sx-SER. Are these any good? I want to keep unsprung weight down but I'm not sinking $3000 into wheels and tires. Any recomendations?

I plan to go the traditional route with the motor. Greddy exhaust, JWT POP charger and ECU, Hotshot header and maybe a CAI. I'm not totally comfortable with the CAI since it rains quite a lot here in GA. What type of crank hp should I get with the above mods? ~155 w/o the CAI and ~158 with?

When the rest of this gets done I think I might get JWT street cams and my head done by them. How much do they charge for street-leve porting? How about DPR?

Thanks again for this great forum!

GHB

·
Registered
858 Posts
welcome Greg! this forum is blowin' up.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts