SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all, i would like to say: THANK GOODNESS FOR THIS FORUM!!!

It's so nice to find a SR20 UBB. I despise that archaic SER-Mailing List. It is 2001 now, not 1988

Anyways, last weekend I puchased myself an Aztec Red SER w/ 74k miles. Before doing anything else to it I decided to clean the Throttle Body. Following the instructions on ser.net I removed the instructed hoses and wiped the TB clean with a carb cleaner. However, when it came to putting the hoses back in place, I noticed 1 free hose--I do not kno where it's supposed to go.

I started the engine and it idled as normal (starts at 1400, drops to 1100 when warm, 800 after a short drive)

I drove around the block and I didn't notice any problems.

here are the pics, I hope you can help me identify it:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i'd also like to note that, as you can see, there are no stress marks around the end of the hose, possibly indicating that there were no clamps/rings on it and that it was free in the first place?

·
Registered
145 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Limited Slip:
However, when it came to putting the hoses back in place, I noticed 1 free hose--I do not kno where it's supposed to go.

</font>
Ha! That is so funny...the other day I opened the hood and I was trying to get at the clutch cable when I looked near the TB and saw a free hose. It is the same hose as yours with that odd hooked end. Mine, however has at least one clamp on it. I could not find any place for it so I took it out and put took it in the house. I recently got my starter replaced and was guessing it got disconnected then, but I still can't figure out where it goes.

I hope someone has the answer, cause it's pretty odd that we both have the same hose that isn't attached anywhere.

------------------
-----------Josh
'93 NX2000
not quite stock

G

·
0 Posts
Hey new guy.... WELCOME!!! I recently joined this list, and it will probably be the reason I decide to keep my NX; where else could you find so many cool people to talk to about your car and help you out that actually care????? Anyway, does that hose do a half circle and face down??? Follow it down to where it attaches; I bet it goes to the tranny- if so I have seen this hose when I was cleaning my TB, and I think it is a vent for the differential... I'm not 100%, but mine was also not hooked up, and my car is a low mileage, former owners wife drove it to the grocery store car, so I know they didn't unhook it.... Hope this helps- anybody else have an idea???
TOBY in MO.
'93 NX w/53,xxx miles- a little stuff but
wantin' a lot more!
Can somebody tell me how to reply without all the original text and pictures being attached??? THANKS

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NXDude:
Hey new guy.... WELCOME!!! I recently joined this list, and it will probably be the reason I decide to keep my NX; where else could you find so many cool people to talk to about your car and help you out that actually care????? Anyway, does that hose do a half circle and face down??? Follow it down to where it attaches; I bet it goes to the tranny- if so I have seen this hose when I was cleaning my TB, and I think it is a vent for the differential... I'm not 100%, but mine was also not hooked up, and my car is a low mileage, former owners wife drove it to the grocery store car, so I know they didn't unhook it.... Hope this helps- anybody else have an idea???
TOBY in MO.
'93 NX w/53,xxx miles- a little stuff but
wantin' a lot more!
Can somebody tell me how to reply without all the original text and pictures being attached??? THANKS
</font>
click this icon:

i am a member at another similar UBB forum similar to this one and i couldnt STAND the SER mailing list.

anyways yeah its curved and it points down... i cant trace where its coming from but it goes down below and past the large intake tube... my guess is that its coming from the engine or tranny somewhere...

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
The list is great...lot more people on it. Im a big UBB fan but get anoyed by the way some people are on boards. oh well

Yes that is a vent hose for the transmition. Just hang it from something, its usualy ziptied to the large hose from the air box to the tb. or thats how Ive always seen it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bowlcut:

Yes that is a vent hose for the transmition. Just hang it from something, its usualy ziptied to the large hose from the air box to the tb. or thats how Ive always seen it.
</font>
yeah it's clipped to the larger hose next to it.

so it's NOT supposed to be connected to anything?

·
Registered
420 Posts
If you notice the hose is bent. It is intended to hang onto another house. It's been a year since I did my clutch job, but if I remember right it's from the tranny.

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R
PR CAI; ACT Disc & PP; ES MM; Pro-Kits; 17* timing; now raising funds for AGX's

·
0 Posts
HEY YA'LL CRAZIES!!!!
That hose just hangs under the master cylinder. Supposedly its the transmission
ventilation.
FORGET ABOUT IT!

------------------
"Spidey"
3x ex-Honda owner

·
Registered
466 Posts
Have you tried to trace it back? Where does the other end go? Its for the transmission vent. Don't worry about it. Do you have a '93? The '91,'92 had a pressure cap on them that would vent if the fluid got too hot or something like that. This just keeps the water and junk out of the tranny.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sheabird:
Well if it goes to the tranny, shouldn't it be connected to the tranny!!!!!???</font>
No, the other end is already connected to the tranny. Its kida liek a preventative thing, like an overflow without a container attached to the end. If tranny fluid boils over, it would come out that hose, but not enough would come out to worry about anything, so it just hangs out there.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Greddy cat-back, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

G

·
0 Posts
Gents... it is the trany vent hose. I have just done a rebuild and this hose should be attached to a small right angled tube at the top of the trany. The U bend in the hose should be high and clamped to the hoses pictured above. If you see a cap over the small vent pipe, then it's the "updated" setup (as I understand it) for the trany vent. Good idea to put that hose on and clamp it if it keeps falling off. Keeps dirt and water and such out. You can move the top part under the brake master if it's offensive to the eyes. =)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts