SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know what the best way to break in a new motor was. My JDM swap should be done in a day or so, so I want to treat it right.

------------------
Soon, My SE-R will be BACK

·
Zed's dead baby
336 Posts
Now Im debating over whether to get the det or the jdm motor. I wont pass emissions w/ the det, right? How bout the jdm? My engine has 95k on it, so Im trying to decide which would be the best bet.

------------------
'95 200sx Se-R Stillen Exhaust, Weapon R adapter intake, 17" Chrome w/ Nitto NT 555

·
Registered
404 Posts
The det would be nice but a bit more expensive, the JDM is a good alternative from the US sr20, if you have the funds go for the det and find someone that will work with you on the smog
**the JDM won't pass the visual here in cali. I don't know if the Primera will pass out the pipe, cause I have no emissions on my engine, but I have a few contacts here to "help out". How anal are they about smog in your town? Now Im debating the det or the jdm motor.

------------------
92'xe/w-primera swap
Soon to be NOS fed

·
Zed's dead baby
336 Posts
Maybe two years ago, I couldve gotten away with it, but now Missouri has the drive up emissions and they are run by the state. Same thing with inspections. They are all ran by the state. I just wish my car was awd. They didnt even test my dads eclipse because they couldnt put it on the treadmill!

------------------
'95 200sx Se-R Stillen Exhaust, Weapon R adapter intake, 17" Chrome w/ Nitto NT 555

·
Registered
404 Posts
I don't think it's new so you don't have to worry about breaking it in, it should already have about 45-50,000 miles on it.
[/b][/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by enjoyDride (edited 05-30-2001).]

·
Registered
404 Posts
I would say drive casual for about 50-100 miles or so to let your ECU reprogram it self and adjust to the motor than its open throttle -----------------
92'xe/w-primera swap
Soon to be NOS fed

[This message has been edited by enjoyDride (edited 05-30-2001).]

·
Registered
303 Posts
nice, everyone is getting jdm swaps done. i just finalized everything with k. watanabe today. i should be getting it sometime middle of next week.

------------------
Jon - '95 G20t

1 - 8 of 8 Posts