SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great news guys! I got a reply back from Dave and he has agreed to make Asspipes for NXs! Now we need to find someone in the San Diego area that can volunteer their car for fitment. Once that is done we are good to go. We don't even need to buy a certain number or have a certain cut off date. These exhausts would be available at any time! Now please get the word out to our So Cal NX brothers so we can get this going.

·
Registered
581 Posts
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Keep us posted on the details. Hope we get a choice of mufflers and resonators.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I think they are located b/n where I work and where I live. I'm not in a market for an exhaust right now, but I can help.

pm contact info

·
Enjoy the GTR Matt!
3,716 Posts
SentraDragon said:
Does dave sell just mandrel bend mid pipes, I like my Nissan Motorsports muffler

Read the website, $299 you supply your own muffler/resonator

Standard without resonator: $389
Standard with resonator: $419
You supply the muffler and/or resonator (ship to me or attach yourself): $299
3" Test Pipe (bolts in place of stock cat): $40, or $30 with system purchase, $5 less for 2.5"
Shipping: Purchaser to pay actual shipping cost from ZIP 92123, Plus $8 for packaging. Approx weight 40 pounds, package dimensions approx 6x20x55" To estimate shipping cost to your ZIP code, go to UPS Rate Finder and enter 'San Diego' as the origin city and '92123' as the origin ZIP, then your city and ZIP along with the above info.
Terms of sale: 1/2 Down at time of order, balance due at time of shipping

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have never heard of Dave doing any stainless exhausts. It would prob add $150 or so to the price. After the jig gets made we can think about maybe inquiring about options like that.

The type of muffler used used probably has the greatest impact on sound after exhaust diameter. A resonator will quiet things down even more. I would look for an offset inlet muffler rather then a center inlet design if you want something more on the quiet side.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree. The quieter the better as far as I'm concerned.

R0b_ said:
cool, thanks. Of course 3" exhaust never says "quiet" but I really don't want to be "that guy" with the loud, buzzy, ricey car.

·
NX Lightweight Not SE-R
859 Posts
What about options for 2.25in? I didn't see anything about flanges or hangers, so are these included?

·
getting close
2,002 Posts
Depending on exact pricing i may be interested in a 3in catback w/ either a hks muffler,or apexi muffler, and also a 3in test pipe.

If i end up getting the 3in set up i will be selling my full 2.5in set up downpipe back,mandrel bent with a maxspeed muffler. I will let everyone know when i decide.

later,Jon

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update:

The tentative date for the system to be fabricated and test fitted is March 27th. This is not set in stone yet however. Dave and the nx'er nice enough to volunteer his car have to coordinate their schedules. I will keep everyone updated.

·
NX Lightweight Not SE-R
859 Posts
"I could get stainless piping/muffler, but the welds would not be stainless as I am not setup for welding stainless. I would have to see if I could get stainless flanges." Dave said.

No for the 2.25

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Um no sorry man I live in Pittsburgh, not in San Diego where the exhaust is being made. You have your choice of mufflers and resonators so your best bet would be to do some searching and see if there is any feedback about the ones you are interested in.

R0b_ said:
Once you get it fitted and installed, can we get some audio clips of this setup (with 24" resonator preferred for me)?

outside, inside the car would all be great.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts