SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting an oil change, just wondering what kind of oil and oil filters you guys use. anything special i need to know? thanks, derek

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
As far as oil goes, most of the SE-R community uses Mobil 1 oil and either Mobil 1 filters or Nissan filters. Personally, I run Mobil 1 5W30 and a Mobil 1 filter. As far as Fram goes, sorry bro, but YUCK!! I'll NEVER use Fram again. But, you can go here: http://websorcerer.com/GeekOut/index.html and see for your self what filter you want to use.

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
royal purple 10w30 and nissan filter. the nissan filter has a check ball in it that no other filter has, so you do not have dry starts. better on the engine imho

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
My POS gets castrol gtx 5w30 like it recommends and stock nissan filter. the frams suck...if you go with an AM filter get like a purolator pure 1 atleast.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
yeah, I use 5w-30 Mobil 1 and the stock nissan filter. Change it every 2500-3500 miles depending on what kind of driving I do. Don't forget a new copper gasket ring thing for the drain plug!

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
oh yeah, don't forgot to put oil on the rubber seal of the oil filter before you put it on. People that haven't have had oil blow out from their filters destroying their motors.

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
all i use in my se-r is castrol 20/50. any filter will work, but i'd stick with something like a fram. some people prefer the nissan filter, but that's just up to you. just be sure not to overtighten your filter. the filter is in a pretty tight spot, just remember snug, not tight. you are eventually going to have to get it off again. lates.

------------------
http://www.sleepermotorsport.com/
[email protected]

·
Registered
705 Posts
Don't use Fram!!!!! and btw i use mobil 1 5w30

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Greddy cat-back, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts