Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R w/lots o' goodies
1997 200SX SE-R w/some goodies
1991 Sentra SE-R w/o goodies(yet)
http://www.mindspring.com/~novtec

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
wow, I feel a paint job coming your way this spring...

G

·
0 Posts
That car looks identicle to mine. I called up Nissan to complain about the defective paint, but it doesn't look like I'm going to get anywhere without taking it to court. It's frustrating when a new paint job costs more than the retail value of your car.

How did you go about polishing your engine?

·
Registered
883 Posts
I used never-dull. Every other day or so when I was bored, I would go out and polish away for ten or fifteen minutes. I dont know if this is the easiest way, but it worked for me.

Kris94G20

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used a paint stripper from AutoZone called Aircraft paint remover. The stuff just eats the paint off. I then sanded it with 400 grit then 600grit, and finished it with 2000grit sand paper. I used WD40 as a lubricant with the sand paper. The 2000grit is like notebook paper. I then put some carpet that you would use on a speaker box on my palm sander and worked the aluminum polish in with it. I used Eagle One aluminum polish. Some of the areas I had to do by hand. It took me about 3 days to do this. I only worked on it a few hours at a time, because my hands kept getting tired. When I did the valve cover on my '96, I did most of it on the car, except for the back side infront of the injectors. The '91 had to be reomved because of the paint remover. Make sure you don't get this on your hands. I'm sure it would not be good for you skin. The paint blubbles up, and washes away with only water.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Would be original. Get some photoshop monkey to do a pic for you first if you can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts