SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my piping finished yesterday. All I can say is they rule! The turbo reaches max psi(9 for now)real quick. Before I would hit it around 4500 now it hits around 3500
Now I only have to get them powder coated.

Mike
98sentraSE Turbo

[Edited by Mike Gosselin (09-04-2000 at 05:25 PM).]

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Wow that's pretty damn quick!
Now as compared to your DE, is your car now faster and torquier throughout the entire rev range? Compare the two engines objectively, like driving around town, in weather, noise, etc. Overall basically so I know about what I'll be getting next month

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
particularly, is your intake a lot quieter? The GREAT intake sound is something I would hate to loose with this car since its one of my favorite things about it.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya the car feels more powerfull everywhere. Its weird because with the cams/exhaust/intake it would get going around 4k and then scream to redline. Now I get about 1-3psi of boost off idle! It almost feels like a v6 except for when its pulling past 6k then you know it isn't one
It lags a little bit but now with the pipes its virtually non exsistent I find its getting max boost in 1st gear. Usually I'd be shifting and the boost would be at 5 or so. Now its just like BANG-9psi. Off throttle say in 3rd gear it might take 3-5 seconds for it to top out at 9psi it depends at what rpm I'm at.

Rain sucks. If you mash the throttle the tires brake as soon as the boost hits. But if you wind it out like your not beating on it(heh) everything is just like normal driving(what's that?
)

The only thing I'm having a problem with is the brakes...upgrade your as soon as you get the $. I've taken people for rides around the place I work at at like 12am or so and gotten bad brake fad after 1 90mph to 30mph hard brake. It sucks!

Intake noise...... All I can hear is (ssssswwwwwwwwsssssss). That (bwwwaaaaaaa) noise will be gone but it replaced by somthing just as pleasing. I get looks everywhere I go. Every time I get on the throttle the noise is rite there loud as hell. It sound like a semi when I'm going down the highway in 5th gear and lay into it.

Who!Hoo!
Mike
98sentraSE Turbo

[Edited by Mike Gosselin (09-04-2000 at 08:32 PM).]

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW I'm getting the new rail,injectors,maf and ecu program SOON! I have the money saved for everything I just have to wait untill my source for the injectors comes through.

Mike
14psi all the time will be fun.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Who needs a T3+??? I think of no problems with the T25. Like Mike said, instant low to no lag boost, 14-15psi max 12 second timeslips. How many SE-Rs are you going to drag race that have a T3+ turbo that are going to have to deal with anyways?
Plus they are laggy in comparison.

Oh man I want my JWT ECU!!!!!!!!

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I know you are going to have pictures of the latest piping soon, but a couple questions. Are you still running that U with the BOV on it or something else? You mentioned on your site that you were getting a flange fabbed for the BOV so wondered if you've done that yet and how it went. On my low port head my TB will be difficult to get that U piece on and get piping to it. I will probably need to hack it off upto the BOV flange to be able to get piping to it.

So there's no way you can get the IC piping around to the other side of the engine bay? I'm still going to get my compressor housing rotated and fab a bracket to mount the wastegate actuator on so I can use most of the Hotshot piping. I emailed Hotshot a few weeks ago with no answer. You said $200 for the piping right? Hmm... wonder how much it would cost to get a flange made on the Hotshot tubing for the DET's BOV. Wasn't Hotshot working on a DET install kit for our cars? I should ask Hotshot if they have the TB piping prototyped yet and get that instead. If they had that already, then I would have to fab NOTHING and just bolt on the piping! Maybe not even have to rotate the compressor housing! I will give them a call tomorrow

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No u off the TB
I'm using the HS tube with a flange welded onto it. Now that you mention it it will probably be impossible to use the BB tb pipe on you car
. I have some pictures to take so when I get back I'll post again.

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts