Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well i went and did it.

after numerous requests, i finally designed a rstb for the b13's

construction = 3/16th steel plate and .083 wall crossbar

mig welded non-adjustable

bolt in, no modification required

provisions for future upgrades (harness bar, rollbar, bracing)

cost = $135 shipped

should be ready to ship in 3 weeks

----------UPDATE 4/13/08------------

http://www.sr20forum.com/bolt-bars/229543-b13-rstb-triangulator.html

---------------- UPDATE 11/19/07 --------------

http://www.sr20forum.com/2182980-post37.html

----- UPDATE------
bars will be ready to ship 11/14/07

so here's the pics
(you're going to have to use a little imagination, these pics are in my stripped someday racecar)

special offer
frist 3 reviews with comments on installation, fit/finish, and performance improvements (negitive or positive) recieve $25 rebate.

·
I cruise @ your top speed
1,513 Posts
WOW!!! That looks awesome!!!

Will this work for the NX2000?

Good work!!

·
fan boys suck!!!
1,719 Posts
the classic sentra and nx are the same...and it does look like it'd clear the nx hatch with no problems.........

oct-would it be powercoated?? i know i got one of ur g20 ones wayyyy back in the day and loved it...i was wondering are u gonna go anything more to make it spicey as in a comestic look since in an nx it'd be seen in the window clearly?

·
Student
6 Posts
I like the design of the plate. Just wanted to know, Why didn't you make it rectangular tubing? What kind of steel are you using? and How much does it weigh?

·
Lincoln Tech Grad
344 Posts
Looks good...just a few ?s. Would this allow the use of the rear seat? Would it show with the rear seat installed?

·
Robusto
2,699 Posts
hey oct, I am willing to test fit and review the bar for you on my NX.

I have money ready whenever you are.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the classic sentra and nx are the same...and it does look like it'd clear the nx hatch with no problems.........

oct-would it be powercoated?? i know i got one of ur g20 ones wayyyy back in the day and loved it...i was wondering are u gonna go anything more to make it spicey as in a comestic look since in an nx it'd be seen in the window clearly?
WOW!!! That looks awesome!!!

Will this work for the NX2000?

Good work!!

i finally have a local nx i can use - so stay tuned, i'll probally have a specific design around the first of the year.

I like the design of the plate. Just wanted to know, Why didn't you make it rectangular tubing? What kind of steel are you using? and How much does it weigh?

bent round tubing is stronger than a cut and welded square/rectangular tubing of the same wall thickness. the steel is 1018(1020) hot rolled. weight is 5.25 #'s

Looks good...just a few ?s. Would this allow the use of the rear seat? Would it show with the rear seat installed?
does not interfere with the seat at all and is totally hidden with the seatback in place

thanks
-chuck

·
KASSANOVA!!!
2,047 Posts
just curious how come the price isn't similar to the b14 one? also, any way to buy just two sets of those plates that bolt onto the shock housing? no bar? if so, how much?

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
How about making one with a straight bar across....for NX owners :D id assume same dimensions pretty much. Or if you wanted a measurement from like bolt to bolt i could do one for ya :).

I dont want the bar up in the air like that on the NX. if you made one with a straight bar in a similar fashion, id probably buy one and im sure other nx guys would too

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just curious how come the price isn't similar to the b14 one? also, any way to buy just two sets of those plates that bolt onto the shock housing? no bar? if so, how much?
the price reflects the complexity of this bar.

i'd sell the plates @ $75 a set (1 left, 1 right)

-chuck

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How about making one with a straight bar across....for NX owners :D id assume same dimensions pretty much. Or if you wanted a measurement from like bolt to bolt i could do one for ya :).

I dont want the bar up in the air like that on the NX. if you made one with a straight bar in a similar fashion, id probably buy one and im sure other nx guys would too
see above

http://www.sr20forum.com/2140550-post8.html

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
Good looking work Chuck.

Those plates look awesome. Does the two-sided design more evenly distribute the load over the entire shock-tower? As opposed to the more conventional designs that we see, typically with just a flat "U" of metal for the "plate". That is my *guess*, please educate me.

I just included this product in the Suspension Thread.

http://www.sr20forum.com/driveline-...4-b15-suspension-information.html#post1651584

I'll be looking for a nice "finished product" shot to include when you get one.

:D

·
Corner Happy
172 Posts
So all that mess in the back has to be cut out before the mar can go in? thats what im imagining =P

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol

it fits fine, with no cutting

i keep forgetting my camera when i have it at my other (not cut up) car

1 - 20 of 113 Posts