SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I lika da turns
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car today to my mechanic because my front right suspension was making a popping sound. Well he said I need new strut mounts. After searching it seems it's good to also replace the thrust bearing when doing these mounts, but I don't know what brand of strut mount to get and whether or not the thrust bearing comes with this mount. I really did search. thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Get OEM strut mounts. Several of us have had less-than-satisfactory experiences with the KYB mounts.

The thrust bearing does NOT come with the mount. Hit up Brian at Courtesy Nissan, he can get you what you need at a good price. My only advice would be to make sure you do both sides of the car.

Hope this helps.

·
I lika da turns
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, thanks. I'll give Courtesy a call. How hard are these strut mounts to install myself?

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Not too hard. You'll need a set of spring compressors. You can "rent" them from Autozone for free. You give them money and borrow tools, when you return tools you get your money back (all of it).

If you're not sure what's involved, I suggest getting a Haynes manual and checking it out before doing the install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts