SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow SE brethren! i'm the FNG, so i get a couple of free stupid questions, right? first off, does anyone know if the stillen gtr front fascia will fit my '99? second, due to monetary constraints, what' the best muffler under 300 bones?

----------------
stiletto
99 Sentra SE platinum gold w/ HS headers and CAI, magnecor 8.5mm wires, eibach pro-kit, courtesy nissan frt and rear STB, smc short shifter, greddy knob, jwt clutch, k&n crankcase breather, 17 deg. timing, clear corners and taillights and not a single stock bulb.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks...i think. perhaps when the drunken haze has worn off you can help some more.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Do you want to keep the stock b-pipe?
I would use a dynomax ultra-flo. If you want to upgrade the pipe b-pipe in the future, pick a muffler with an inside diameter that will match with your future b-pipe. Otherwise, get a 2" muffler to go with the stock b-pipe. You will need an exhaust shop to weld on hangers and a flange. And a tip if you want one.

If you want a pre-made muffler, we'll have to see what others say. I don't know about too many because I plan on the ultra-flo soon.
Don't get the stillen, it's not very good.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, j. i do plan on getting the courtesy b-pipe. they're on back order right now. i was kinda leaning towards the straight through one piece design. i like the dragger style tip, so might as well get a muff that already has that.

----------------------------
stiletto

·
Registered
466 Posts
Jordan, you are getting drunk on a Thursday night?
Did you just turn 21 or something? Ah, youth. I remember those days.

[This message has been edited by NoVTECSER (edited 07-06-2001).]

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bud? you mean the King of Beer Farts? ugghh. sorry, after working in a bar for 3 years, i just can't stand regular american lagers. going back to the stillen kit, can i keep my stock headlamps?

----------------
stiletto
99 Sentra SE platinum gold w/ HS headers and CAI, magnecor 8.5mm wires, eibach pro-kit, courtesy nissan frt and rear STB, smc short shifter, greddy knob, jwt clutch, k&n crankcase breather, 17 deg. timing, clear corners and taillights and not a single stock bulb.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Oh man. I was bad last night.

I will decipher what I said:

The GTR will fit, and a good muffler for under $300 is the Dynomax ultra-flow.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies....in need of a JWT ECU

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
storm, been there bro! any advice on arospeed? also, i know someone selling an a'pexi dunk, but i heard they're loud.

----------------
stiletto

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
what, you mean, marijuana buds?

hehehe...

------------------
Is that a honda? What is that silver thing?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
uhh, i hope not. i am not an advocate for narcotics nor those who use them. i thought that i could get some useful info from this site, not talk about peoples addictions and/or downfalls. i'm not tryin' to be a d**k, i merely would like some help from fellow enthusiaists.

----------------
stiletto

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stiletto:
uhh, i hope not. i am not an advocate for narcotics nor those who use them. i thought that i could get some useful info from this site, not talk about peoples addictions and/or downfalls. i'm not tryin' to be a d**k, i merely would like some help from fellow enthusiaists.
</font>
Rioghhhhttttttttt...............I answered you already. I was talking about Bud-WEISER BTW. I am buzzed off a six pack of Miller High Life right now though.

Drugs SEX and Alcohol

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies....in need of a JWT ECU

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i knew that's what YOU were talkin' about, storm. my comment was not directed towards you. BTW, what's your address...i need to send you some quality beer. you keep drinking the cheap stuff, you'll go bald and get a gut.

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
Stil
Welcome to the board
We have the same color car!!
Have you run at the track any?

O

------------------
4 door SE-R
Ultimate Sleeper
I love the CAI
I Got Money for a little more, suggestions needed
"heavy weight and still undisputed!"

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
onyx- do you have "ten sticky fingers?"
nah, i haven't run on a track. i really just started getting serious about mods around 10 months ago. i don't think i have what it takes to race on that level yet. besides i don't think there any tracks nearby. pensacola is a crappy city in that regards, we only have 2 race shops! what all have you done to yours?

----------------------
stiletto

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
Since I am a college student I only have the PR CAI, but this summer I am coming into some money and after my Semester in Turkey I have big plans for my ride.
Up next will be a header and exhaust
Do you do any street racing?

I haven't gotten my hands on any decent cars, raced an olds intrigue (waxed him up to 100) all the others were lop sided

O

1 - 20 of 21 Posts