SR20 Forum banner

New to here, need sr20det info and 240sx S13 info!

674 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  B14 Se-Rious 
#1 ·
Hey, Im from philly, and I am interested in getting a s13 240sx. I want to do a sr20det swap into it, Are there any places locally to pick up a front clip or motor? anybody local done it? want to help in may? I found a 90 or 91 white 240sx hb with 92k miles locally, should I get it? a good swap recipient?

thanks for the info guys

Matt

#4 ·
SeR7375 said:
more power in kA waiting to be had....just boost it
i personally diasgree with this thought. the sr20det is made for boost, you can boost stock internals to make almost 500hp all day long. i think the sr is the way to go personally.

here check the 240sx section there is a small faq section and there is a few shops listed you can aquire clips, motors, and install instructions.

http://sr20forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14

GOOD LUCK!

#5 ·
i disagree...the ka motor is cast iron block, has oil squirters and more displacement. the only sr20det capable of 500 hp daily on stock internals is the RNN14 gtir motor if any. and probably not daily. in this issue of Turbo magazine. there is an article called Sr20det alternative for the 240 guys. a turbo kit @ 7 psi made 210 hp to the wheels on a ka... and the Sr20det s13 -14 @ 7 psi made 179 hp the wheels. and the kit can be done for a cheaper price than the greddy kit in the article. now imagine a ka with rods and pistons for $850, ECU from Jwt $550, and a $1500 dollar turbo kit with intercooler.

People just like the trend of having a silvia swap. which is cool. i have a gti-r swap myself ....i am just saying there is a feasable aternative.

#6 ·
SeR7375 said:
i disagree...the ka motor is cast iron block, has oil squirters and more displacement. the only sr20det capable of 500 hp daily on stock internals is the RNN14 gtir motor if any. and probably not daily. in this issue of Turbo magazine. there is an article called Sr20det alternative for the 240 guys. a turbo kit @ 7 psi made 210 hp to the wheels on a ka... and the Sr20det s13 -14 @ 7 psi made 179 hp the wheels. and the kit can be done for a cheaper price than the greddy kit in the article. now imagine a ka with rods and pistons for $850, ECU from Jwt $550, and a $1500 dollar turbo kit with intercooler.

People just like the trend of having a silvia swap. which is cool. i have a gti-r swap myself ....i am just saying there is a feasable aternative.
i dont have the site of the cars that make the 500hp daily driven.

the only different betweend the gtir and all other sr20det is 4 tbs and the lower compression and the mechanical head. these parts are i no way hape of form affercting dail driviability or over all performance. why would the pulsar sr20det be any more capable of taking more hp?

if fact i know pleanty of people who have metel headgskets on the STOCK sr20 internals and drive all day with 400+ whp.

and besides the s-13 and s-14 make different amounts of hp stock. i dont agree but to each his own. and cast iron blocks like to over heat, i had a ca18det and that car was impossible to keep cool

not saying your wrong just we dont see eye to eye on this issue

p.s nice car ;)

#7 ·
the gtir has stronger rods, rods bolts and better main bearings that feed 360deg oil to lubricate the crank, better rod bearings too. bigger crank pulley also bigger bolts for the flywheel too. its obvious thet the gtir has stronger internals ...so hence more reliable for higher hp

but the issue is KA or S13...179 hp to 210 hp makes the choice a little interesting.

there is always a RB25DET, RB26DETT or even S15. either one of those i would go with over s13 s14

#8 ·
SeR7375 said:
the gtir has stronger rods, rods bolts and better main bearings that feed 360deg oil to lubricate the crank, better rod bearings too. bigger crank pulley also bigger bolts for the flywheel too. its obvious thet the gtir has stronger internals ...so hence more reliable for higher hp

but the issue is KA or S13...179 hp to 210 hp makes the choice a little interesting.

there is always a RB25DET, RB26DETT or even S15. either one of those i would go with over s13 s14
sorry i was sleeping when i wrote this statment about the stornger internals doh:

but i still think the sr is a better motor for turbo then the ka

the s-14 and s-15 are basically the same motor except the bigger injectors, and the 6 speed tranny, better materials in turbo and better wastegate flow design

#10 ·
SeR7375 said:
ok so you figure s-13 sr, total price out the door...

engine harness, ecu, maf, tranny. about 2000$ or so

the ka would cost more then that to put together.

i think the s14, the s-15 is nice but you gonna upgrade injectors and turbo eventually so why spend the $..

also i have heard the 6 speed is a weaker tranny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.