SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

My name is Christy and I'll be driving a new-to-me 1992 Sentra SE-R in Rally America next year (G2). Right now I'm active in SCCA Autocross (Solo/ProSolo) (2006 Subaru STI in STU) and SCCA Rallycross (2006 STI/1992 Sentra SE-R).

Here are some shots of me at the latest rallycross we had in the Nebraska Region. I'll be looking forward to all the advice I can get on this forum while rebuilding the B13 for Rally America. And yes, I'm a chick, and yes, I'm driving (not co-driving) in Rally America.

Thanks guys (and gals) for all your help in advance. The b13 is a whole new beast for me.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I think most people just run stock springs, put a skid plate so the oil pan doesn't get messed up and go drive the hell out of'em. Usually some form of snow tire is thrown in there too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Oil pan is already messed up but a new one is on order. The thick (12mm aircraft quality aluminum) skidplate is already on there. Just replaced all the wheel studs/lugs, front control arms and bushings, rear engine mount (just replaced with stock for now, any suggestions as I heard they break often). Running AGX gas shocks with stock springs. Rear trailing arms are messed up need replacing. EGR removed. Exhaust needs replacing. Headers need replacing. O2 sensor wigging out due to exhaust leak where the headers join up to the rest of the exhaust. Seats suck and need replacing.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have prothane polyurethane mounts in mine, you use an air hammer to knock the old ones out and squish the new ones in with a press. The front one a lot of people replace with a metal one, search dogbone motor mount and you'll find it, the stock one is made out of plastic. I wouldn't worry much about the o2 sensor, they don't do anything unless you're cruising or idling, it doesn't look like your se-r does much of that. Most people buy the cheap chinese headers on ebay, just make sure it has a 2.5 inch outlet, some people weld skid plates to the header, that doesn't sound like a very good idea to me. I think there are a bunch of write ups on seats, you can get some nx2000 seat rails if you would like to sit lower.

·
-
3,560 Posts
How did I miss this thread?! Welcome!

·
starting over
653 Posts
Welcome. The above advice is great and I think your problems can be easily solved

I think you are going to love Rallying.. AfterI attended the European RallyCross held a couple of weekends ago in NJ, I have been going nuts wanting to give it a try. Ive been autocrossing for a few years and I am eager to try something new.

While in NJ I spoke to a Frenchman there, racing a B13. I had a chance to talk and check out his car. From what I understood, it was mostly stock with DMS coilovers. skidplate and custom rear control arms. Other than that it was pretty standard racecar stuff.

Anyways. I thought of instead of $5k dms suspension I might try custom Roadmagnet springs. I have their standard sport springs on my street NX and with more height and maybe a touch more rate they would make an awesome stage rally /rallycross spring when matched to the AGX's

You might want to contact them about this as I know they can provide custom wound springs for a fair price. That with some real rally tires I think you stand a good chance against the other machines.

Good luck Let us know of your progress Ill be eager to see how you do.

Zach

1 - 8 of 8 Posts