SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
-John-
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have known people to have nitrous, but I have only ridden in one car with it(S-10 w/383 stroker and a 200 shot)when I was younger and it was amazing. But I am just curious how big of a gain a 50-75 shot would be(feeling wise). Another q, how well does a stock usdm sr hold up, I'd think I would need a swap first(have 244K). Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
whitehawk said:
My suggestion is to tune up your old motor and spray it.

Yep, spray away.
BTW Nismo 654 - you have a PM

·
-John-
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figure I'll start saving for a 75 shot, if anything happens then its time for a new JDM I guess, with 244,500, this motor doesnt have too much to lose...lol

·
Wiggatastic!
1,043 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
Spray it till it blows. Then get a new motor. You should keep record of how long it lasts.

Well my car has 84k miles on it. I sprayed, well about 10 times, then Boom! lol... Pissed me off; car is still not backing to working yet.

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
my motor have 123k on it and i am always spraying a 75 shot through it and it is fine. i am going with a 100 shot till i get my other motor together. the safe zone is a 120 shot for a usdm sr20. let me know how you make out.

·
4th sr20 and counting..
2,949 Posts
MARCUSMARC said:
Well my car has 84k miles on it. I sprayed, well about 10 times, then Boom! lol... Pissed me off; car is still not backing to working yet.
do you know what caused it to pop?

·
Wiggatastic!
1,043 Posts
zipstrips said:
do you know what caused it to pop?
Well it ran really lean for some reason and melted the electrode off the spark plug. I guess the electrode bounced around and hit a valve. Either way there was no compression in #4...

~ Marcus

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nismo654 said:
Well I have known people to have nitrous, but I have only ridden in one car with it(S-10 w/383 stroker and a 200 shot)when I was younger and it was amazing. But I am just curious how big of a gain a 50-75 shot would be(feeling wise). Another q, how well does a stock usdm sr hold up, I'd think I would need a swap first(have 244K). Any suggestions?
That's cool, I'm in the process of building a 383 stroker s-10, I'm actually picking up a se-r on thursday for my daily driver ;) I was actually playing with the idea of a fifty shot, but i can't afford to break this car.

·
Registered
941 Posts
DailyDriver said:
That's cool, I'm in the process of building a 383 stroker s-10, I'm actually picking up a se-r on thursday for my daily driver ;) I was actually playing with the idea of a fifty shot, but i can't afford to break this car.

QUIT BEING A PUSSY! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
**** your name was cookied on my computer asshat. So i say again,

I am what i eat biotch :tongue: ;)

I would ask what your sister is doing but..................... :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts