SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up fellow 200sx owners. I guess I'm the new guy here. I was surprised at so few postings, so I decided to at least contribute a little! Just wandering, is anyone of you guys racing SCCA? Later.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I'm attending a Solo II driver's school a week from Sunday in Michigan. Gonna be fun! :) Never done any racing in this car at all, and never done any racing at all outside of drag racing.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I know I have a lot to learn. When I raced in my last solo II event in April, my first two runs I thought were pretty good, then someone said to try and drive smooth instead of squealin' tires and locking up the brakes. Guess what? By driving smooth I shaved a second and a half off my lap time! In the May event, hopefully I'll have an instructor in the car with me my first couple of runs. Later.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have raced Solo2 for almost 3 years in my SE-R. Some advice that people have given me, is to learn to drive the car the way it is and not to try to make it faster. A good driver can make a slow car fast and a bad driver can make a fast car slow. Where in the country are you?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
"Where in the country are you?" Who are you refering to? :)

If you are already an SCCA member the school is $20. Damn bargain if you ask me. :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
no, one of three (I think?) I have thought about racing a little bit, but nobody around here likes that kind of stuff (I am from TX, home of drag racing and the Dallas Stars (ya, it makes you guys jealous right? the best hockey team in the world from TX?)pretty cool right?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$20 for a SCCA driving school? That is cheap, but I wonder how long the waiting list is? Anyways, I live over here in Portland, Oregon. Do we get rain?....When don't we get rain!

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
I can voutch for Eric(NoVTECSER). I saw him race and rode with him what fun. But his little 200sx se-r was pulling some of the fastest times and there were cars out there with bigger engines and more horses. But its all about being smooth and knowing your car well. Know where it breaks and where it sticks. I will have to say after riding along with Eric Im really thinking about becoming more involved with the SCCA. Mostly a bunch of good guys out to have some safe fun. And hes right speed and horsepower is adictive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts