SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,
I'm thinking about putting new Tokico struts on my car. What kind of difference will I notice, and how hard is the installation? The car has 89000 miles on it and is not (yet) raced. Thanks.

Samir

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Tokicos aren't a lot better than OEM in my experience. I put on a set at around 95k miles and wasn't impressed. However, I installed AGXs up front 15,000 miles later, and they did make a noticable difference. This, on a '92 SE-R with stock springs.

It's nice to be able to drive to an autocross, dial the AGXs up to "4," and drive home on the "1" setting. The non-adjustable Tokicos are always set on "mediocre." With adjustablity and better dampening for not much more in price, the KYB AGX is the better value.

If you need any help with the installation, I can point you to some good posts in the SE-R List archives. Consider ordering some other bits (like rubber new springs seats, dust boots) before you start.

·
Registered
348 Posts
As Long as you have all the tools (spring Comp.) it shouldnt take you more than 4 hours its pretty EZ, it feels alot better than stock..

------------------
1991 Classic, 15.4 CAI, UR Pullies, 1st gen Greedy..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts