SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Wendy in the car with me I touched 145 on Thursday. That's with my restrictive damned stock exhaust, and later I noticed I still had the AC button on for defogging purposes and had forgot to turn it off on the top speed run. Bumfuck Indiana roads can be fun

That exhaust sucks. You hit 130-135 and she REALLY starts crawling up MPH by MPH
I could have stayed in it longer, but it was crawling so slow it wasn't worth it. With the AC off and by myself and the same conditions I could have buried her

And when I free up that 30hp in my exhaust, watch out rev limiter in 5th!
(if I can muster the balls/stupidity to do so...)

I complain about ya'll getting like 50 chances a day to street race, well here's my retaliation. Everytime I get on the interstate or straight deserted highway (like between here and Kokomo where I will be commuting all this week) that speedo always manages to hit at least 125-130 somehow...

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
umm, i accidently did 145mph on I84 in southern idaho while killing a bmw 325i.
the sr was still pulling strong. i have no doubt it would have buried the speedo if i hadn't let off.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
mine will do 109 exactally. I don't know why it stops at that though? I need a damn ecu. stupid 7100 rpm rev limiter too. errrrrrr, cams need more revs.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Tonight i posted my highest speed in my SER, 131 MPH. The car felt great and wanted some more of my foot on the accelerator. Damn I love JWT ECU. Also helped my 1/4 times too.

------------------
Peter
97 200SX SE-R
www.geocities.com/nyceser

·
Registered
194 Posts
hey Teal97, on your location, it says pacific northwest....what part do you call home? Seattle area, Portland area? Trying to find se-r owners.

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
nitrous 50 wrote; hey Teal97, on your location, it says pacific northwest....what part do you call home? Seattle area, Portland area? Trying to find se-r owners.

i'm near olympia. we got a bunch of sr20 people on a local(bc/wa/or)mailing list. we're in the process of changing over to a yahoo bulletin board. if you want to join in the fun go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NWSR20/join? check
see ya there!

G

·
Man that sucks! The fastest I can go is 115. Did it last week on the freeway racing a mustang. Speed limiter kicked in at 115mph...

------------------
Ryan Woodruff:
99 SE-L:GC/AGX;Stillen Headder
,Pop-charger,grill;Greddy Evolution
Exhaust;19"RH Evolution Rims;
Black Projectors,Limo Tint
Windows;Show Stereo System;
Optima Battery;Carbon Fiber
Dash Kit,Pedals,Shifter..

·
Registered
350 Posts
My Sentra was cutting off around there too. With the nitrous, it came pretty quick. It sucked because the damn car felt pretty strong. Is anyone using the APEXi Rev/Speed Meter?!? Or know how to use it? I downloaded and read the instructions for it. Supposedly there is a function to override the factory speed limiter. I know this doesn't raise the rev limit, but it actually bypasses the speed limiter. You can download the instructions as a .pdf file from their site.

Fred
99 Sentra
need ecu.....need bigger injectors....need bigger NOS jet =(

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I'm running the Apexi Rev/Speed Meter and I love it. Its pretty accurate because all the info is coming from the ECU. if you need instructions I have them. My AIM screen name is NyceP26 so drop me a line if you need some help ok.

------------------
Peter
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU,91 CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, X-DRILLED ROTORS,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts