SR20 Forum banner

281 - 289 of 289 Posts

·
P11 ftw
255 Posts
fiance and I have been talking about our honeymoon, which will likely happen in Mexico. I said I definitely want to rent a Tsuru. She said I'm kinda crazy. She's kinda right.

·
Sunny driver
141 Posts
guys, we now still have bodys that are new, that you could by in mexico, bring up and swap all of the parts into the new chassis! No rust. you can have a brand new old design B13!!! Do they make an SE-R down there?

Chris 92 classic

·
P11 ftw
255 Posts
4-doors only, 1.6 L engines only. Lots of red tape to bring one into the USA. Much better idea to find a rust-free 2-door here and go to town with mods.

·
SR20 ENTHUSIAST
679 Posts
I SWEAR they make 2 doors.................. Somebody back me up?

I've seen the "GSR2000 badged 2 doors I thought those were mexican SE-R's"

Chris

·
Pâté Performance...
1,274 Posts

Chris
Nope.

·
VIVA MEXICO CABRONES!
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #286

Chris
the GSR2000 badged 2 doors are certainly mexican SE-R's, but the last one manufactured was in 1996. Last 2 door Tsuru was made in 1997 and were only available in "GS" trim, same as U.S. "E", and had the E16E redtop motor.

·
Empire-CAT Machinery Tech
760 Posts
take a rusty 2 or 4 door b13 to mexico, buy a nice used 2 or 4 door tsuru, switch vin # and stickers, factory model info. decals on the door and hood, cross the border and u have better than ever nice b13..:biggthump

its been done;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just took my 1994 2 door Sentra to Nuevo Laredo, across the border from Laredo, TX to have it painted and maybe get the front bumper(fascia golden) upgrade. Its August 2020 guys and its impossible to get parts for Nissan Sentra B13s. Nissan is doing the impossible to get rid those indestructible cars that don't allow Nissan to sell newer ones at the rate they want. What Nissan of Mexico did, they discontinued 90% or more of the parts production. I got same story at three different Nissan dealerships in Mexico. I contacted dealerships in Colombia, El Salvador, Chile, Dom. Rep. and all of them can't get parts for Nissan Sentra B13 any more. Remember, Nissan Sentra B13 or Tsuru as they call it in Mexico was discontinued from production just 3 years ago. And for them to not sell major components for those cars, is not acceptable. As of today, I got a brand new OEM golden fascia bumper and corner bumper lights. No fog lights, fog lights brackets or any hardware for them. I tried many junkyards in Mexico City and Monterey, since those are the biggest cities with the highest concentration of Nissan Tsurus or Sentra B13s.
If any body have any spare fog lights with their brackets, I would love to buy them from you. Fog lights have to fit a Nissan Sentra B13 Golden Fascia or a Sunny GTS B13.

Thank you guys,

281 - 289 of 289 Posts