SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TDO6 20G Turbo SR20DET
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHATS UP PEEPS, NEED HELP FROM THOSE WITH CUSTOM TURBO SET UP,
HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED, ABOUT A MONTH AGO I DETONATED #2 CYLINDER ON A STOCK DE BLOCK I GOT IT REBUILT AND BORED TO 86.5MM ARIAS PISTONS 8.5:1 COMPRESSION, I DROPPED THE ENGINE IN THIS WEEKEND WITH THE NEW BOTTOM END AND NOW THE CAR STARTS BUT ITS IS RUNNING EXTREMELY ROUGH AND THE CAR DIES IF YOU DONT GIVE IT A LITTLE GAS, DO I NEED THE COMPUTER REPROGRAMMED FOR THE NEW COMPRESSION??

TURBO IS ATD06-20G
MY COMPUTER WAS SET UP AT JWT ECU: Programmed for MSD 50lb Injectors @ 3bar, Z32 MAF, POP, and S2'S PRIOR TO THE NEW PISTONS, THE CAR SEEMS TO BE RUNNING EXTREMELY RICH, I CHECKED ALL THE VACUUM LINES AND THEY
SEEM TO BE INSTALLED CORRECTLY, ANY TIPS, COMMENTS OR FIX SUGGESTIONS WELCOME, THANKS

CARLOS OROZCO
1995 TURBO SE-R
863-602-7421

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
elcholopizon said:
WHATS UP PEEPS, NEED HELP FROM THOSE WITH CUSTOM TURBO SET UP,
HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED, ABOUT A MONTH AGO I DETONATED #2 CYLINDER ON A STOCK DE BLOCK I GOT IT REBUILT AND BORED TO 86.5MM ARIAS PISTONS 8.5:1 COMPRESSION, I DROPPED THE ENGINE IN THIS WEEKEND WITH THE NEW BOTTOM END AND NOW THE CAR STARTS BUT ITS IS RUNNING EXTREMELY ROUGH AND THE CAR DIES IF YOU DONT GIVE IT A LITTLE GAS, DO I NEED THE COMPUTER REPROGRAMMED FOR THE NEW COMPRESSION??

TURBO IS ATD06-20G
MY COMPUTER WAS SET UP AT JWT ECU: Programmed for MSD 50lb Injectors @ 3bar, Z32 MAF, POP, and S2'S PRIOR TO THE NEW PISTONS, THE CAR SEEMS TO BE RUNNING EXTREMELY RICH, I CHECKED ALL THE VACUUM LINES AND THEY
SEEM TO BE INSTALLED CORRECTLY, ANY TIPS, COMMENTS OR FIX SUGGESTIONS WELCOME, THANKS

CARLOS OROZCO
1995 TURBO SE-R
863-602-7421

Whats up wiht the all caps man! Anyways, you should no thave to reprogram your computer for the new compression, there was just a thread about this in this section. As far as your problem goes, I would check: Spark plugs (check plugs, put new ones in if needed, correct gap), PLug wires, distributor, TPS, MAF ground. Do it in that order, and see what you come up with. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
the compression shouldnt have anything to do with the car running rich and dying when you step on the gas. it sounds like the timing on the chain is off, if it isnt, it still sounds like it is a mechanical, rather than electrical problem. check it out.
Lance.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
must be the Orozco name. Frank Orozco has the EXACT same problem, and it has yet to be solved. :D

i can only say to recheck all vacuum lines, pressure test it and make sure your O2 sensor wiring is still intact.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts