SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
born 4 boost live 4 ve
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i put another sr20de in the car. :biggthump The car pulls very strong in every gear and i'm at stock boost right now just so i don't have to worry about melting another one from going lean. but there's two problems/questions.

1. the car has a loopy idle. maybe i'm just not used to it yet because i didn't drive it for a while, or maybe cause i put a test pipe on it before the last motor blew and only got to drive for a week so i'm not used to it.

2. I"m only getting 11 vacuum on my boost gauge at idle? :squint: what's up with that? I'm pretty sure there's no leaks in my piping but i haven't had a chance to test it. and anywho the car still hits full boost and drives fine. It's just at idle there's only 11 vacuum and i know there's susposed to be more than that.

please help anty insit is appreciated. :)

sorry for the long post.

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
the vac has nothing to do with the piping. You probably have a vac/boost leak somewhere off the manifold. double check all vac lines to BOV, WG, ect ect. and all connections to the intake manifold.

·
born 4 boost live 4 ve
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all my lines on the mani are good the only one i haven't really checked is the ones to the idle air control valve on the under side on the intake mani. and no it doesn't have a cam me and my boys thought it may have one because of how it sounds but i pulled the valve cover the other day and no dice.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Will said:
the vac has nothing to do with the piping. You probably have a vac/boost leak somewhere off the manifold. double check all vac lines to BOV, WG, ect ect. and all connections to the intake manifold.
Sometimes, a leak in the pipes makes the car run poorly, which kicks up the IACV, which reduces vacuum.

But, usually, it points to monster cams or an intake manifold/vacuum line leak. Sometimes fouled/burnt/crap plugs will cause this as well.

Make a pressure tester and find out.

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
blackb13se-r said:
all my lines on the mani are good the only one i haven't really checked is the ones to the idle air control valve on the under side on the intake mani. and no it doesn't have a cam me and my boys thought it may have one because of how it sounds but i pulled the valve cover the other day and no dice.
How do you think you would know if you were looking at aftermarket cams or not?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts