SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
15642uner
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
welp, finally got my wheels done and my new lip put on . . . only to be very disappointed in the fitment and quality of the lip (ebay purchase FTL :(). didnt have time before carlisle to mess with it to get better fitment, but i worked with the time i had. anyways, heres some pix.

pre buff and wax pix.

and after buff and wax at the show. only got 1 pic because a couple hours later i got deathly sick from either food or sun poisoning and was puking perfusely for about 8 hours straight :(

and 2 from the cruise up

let me know your thoughts and opinions :biggthump

·
808 SE-R Mafia: KUKI-MSTR
342 Posts
sucks to hear about you getting sick...kinda makes me miss my b15....and at the same time wish my b15 was sr20 powered :tongue:

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Looking good Jim. So did you have someone else drive or did you take your chances? Sorry to hear that you got sick, I bet that put a damper on the fun :(

·
15642uner
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking good Jim. So did you have someone else drive or did you take your chances? Sorry to hear that you got sick, I bet that put a damper on the fun :(
i actually had my buddy go with me so he could drive, but i took my chances on the way up and was fine, a little noided at times, but fine :D however, once i got sick i could barely move, so i had my buddy drive it home for me while i sat cringed over. i actually didnt quite make it when i told him to pull over and had a lil accident inside. luckily for me though, my stomach was completely empty by then and it was all liquid, so i was able to easily clean it up on the side of the turnpike with a bucket of water and a shami. then i had to strip down to my undies cuz i had gotten it all over me as well. not a very fun moment in my life to say the least :(

oh and thanx for the comments guys!

·
15642uner
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i say oem style carbon hood next :)
i already had one at one point and to be honest, until my car is garage kept, i will never purchase another one. to much money to just let the gel coat fade and look like crap. however, someday i would like to get a hood and trunk, so only time will tell.

·
Rebuilding
3,916 Posts
i already had one at one point and to be honest, until my car is garage kept, i will never purchase another one. to much money to just let the gel coat fade and look like crap. however, someday i would like to get a hood and trunk, so only time will tell.

Thats weird, what brand is it? i have a oem Vis on my b14 and its still mint after a year and i dont have a garage.

·
15642uner
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
it was a areo gear and i got a super good deal on it, but it really didnt start to fade till i owned it for a lil over a year. as for vis, i seen and read about a lot of people on b15sentra having the samething happen with theirs as well. i think it might have been just the earlier hoods were all gel coat and now they actually use clear coat, but im not positive. but im not taking a chance till i have a garage to keep it in.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Nice and clean!!! beautiful car man! Are those wheels the Kosei K1s in 17 or 18 Inch? They are looking bad ass! Great job! SR20 Panda power!

·
15642uner
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Nice and clean!!! beautiful car man! Are those wheels the Kosei K1s in 17 or 18 Inch? They are looking bad ass! Great job! SR20 Panda power!
yeah they're K-1's, 17x7.5 with a 35mm offset. i wish i had gone with a bigger tire now, but i was worried about fittment with the offset. should have gone 215-45 instead of 40 and i wanted 225-40, but i could only find nitto's in that size and they were to much when i got the tires.

and thanx for the comments guys.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Damn that sounds like a crappy ride home for sure!

I bought some 17x8 +35 Koseis and some 225/45/17s for the P11. We can try one on your car sometime this summer.

·
15642uner
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
werd that would be cool Matt. have you test fit them on your p11 yet? i know with my 7.5's, a 225-45 would be border line pushing it with a b15's fender lips with a higher ride height than mine. i think one could handle the 8" 35mm offset, but not to sure with that tire size. i still wouldnt mind trying it for shits n giggles though.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
I haven't test fit them yet but according to the G20.net faq's they will fit. If I have to roll the fenders I will. I wanted to get the GC/Koni setup on first as the stock setup is beat and I don't want to mess up the new tires.

·
15642uner
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
gotcha, im curious to hear how they fit. i've had my fenders rolled for a few years now from the couple sets of 18's with 225's i've had and i've got a good couple finger gap of space till im near the fender lip with the 215's. i test fit the wheels without tires and they looked really close, so thats why i went with the smaller tires. oh well, i'll just have to lower it little bit more when i finally throw my jic's on.

and again, thanx for the comments everybody :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts