SR20 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a 240 sx..one between 88-94.
Basically I don't even know where to begin..I know I want to drop an SR20-DET as soon as I get it..but like I said I don't really know much about the car and I am looking for any tips or info that could help me with my car and making it fast enough to beat the crap out of everyone else.. :D

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
clearly this is a late april fools. that, or you need a good smack of real life. With that said.

I think the most important thing to do when you first get a 240sx is get the SR20DET. Than you should set the boost to about 18 PSI. More than that and the Kahooter valve on the red top engines starts to weaken. You should be able to push about 550 HP to the wheels without modifying anything other than the boost level. Also, get the most JDM body kit you can. Bomex is pretty tight. This increases your downforce and adds stability when your drifting at speeds in excess of 80 miles an hour. While your at it, you should buy the most expensive paint job you can afford, so when your drifting people can recognize your car. Don't worry about the small stuff like suspension components, and bushings. Just make sure you get the SR20DET immediatly before anything else, and turn the boost up.

..... actually you know what, it would be easier if you didnt get a 240sx. Yah. Stick with your moms car for right now till you learn how to drive stick. Than from there you can buy your own car, and learn how to drive that one stock first. Once you think you have great control over the stock car, only than should you move to upgrade it. But if you insist on getting the 240sx, pay pal me 4000 dollars, I'll fly to your house, and punch you in the stomach. It will be a lot easier and a lot less painful than watching your car crash into a wall, or another vehicle.

·
NISSAN ADDICT
3,066 Posts
NissanTuner said:
clearly this is a late april fools. that, or you need a good smack of real life. With that said.I think the most important thing to do when you first get a 240sx is get the SR20DET. Than you should set the boost to about 18 PSI. More than that and the Kahooter valve on the red top engines starts to weaken. You should be able to push about 550 HP to the wheels without modifying anything other than the boost level. Also, get the most JDM body kit you can. Bomex is pretty tight. This increases your downforce and adds stability when your drifting at speeds in excess of 80 miles an hour. While your at it, you should buy the most expensive paint job you can afford, so when your drifting people can recognize your car. Don't worry about the small stuff like suspension components, and bushings. Just make sure you get the SR20DET immediatly before anything else, and turn the boost up. ..... actually you know what, it would be easier if you didnt get a 240sx. Yah. Stick with your moms car for right now till you learn how to drive stick. Than from there you can buy your own car, and learn how to drive that one stock first. Once you think you have great control over the stock car, only than should you move to upgrade it. But if you insist on getting the 240sx, pay pal me 4000 dollars, I'll fly to your house, and punch you in the stomach. It will be a lot easier and a lot less painful than watching your car crash into a wall, or another vehicle.
dont listen to this guy he is blowing smoke up your a**... ryan

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
yah definitly read the FAQ first. Also, try going to zilvia.net its a board more focused on 240's than B13's, like this one. Most any question you can think of someone has asked it before, so just search. If you still cant find it, someone will be able to help you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What the **** is a B13...sorry I made the mistake of thinking that this forum titled 240sx was about 240's and I obviously made the mistake of thinking that this was one of those forums where I can actually get real info and not be flamed for asking a question about a car..to the few guys who actually tried to give me some help thanks...

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
a B13 is the FWD platform most guys on here have. Most have the SR20DE front wheel drive set up, so 240 related questions will be limited.

·
NISSAN ADDICT
3,066 Posts
Niggs said:
What the **** is a B13...sorry I made the mistake of thinking that this forum titled 240sx was about 240's and I obviously made the mistake of thinking that this was one of those forums where I can actually get real info and not be flamed for asking a question about a car..to the few guys who actually tried to give me some help thanks...

you need to relax man.

the 240sx section here is slow.

i am not gonna sit here and type how you need to think about what car i say buy a s-14 but thats me. you need to READ THE FAQ SECTION, then look for info about the car

if i was to type all the stuff i new about 240 then i would be here for days. what do you want to know?

88-94 is a s-13 there is 2 the coupe and hatch, the coupe is a silvia in japan, the hatch is a 180sx in japan.

G

·
Geez if everyone is going to get so hostile when someone asks a question about a 240, maybe thewre shouldn't be a 240 section. The reason for the forum is to learn and teach others. Ya'll need to just CALM DOWN~!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Whose not being calm? We directed him to the FAQ area and told him to narrow down his question. We told him of an alternative site where he could possibly get his answers faster, as this area of the forum is slow in relation to all the other areas, since this IS primarly a forum for front wheel drive guys.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
NissanTuner said:
clearly this is a late april fools. that, or you need a good smack of real life. With that said.

I think the most important thing to do when you first get a 240sx is get the SR20DET. Than you should set the boost to about 18 PSI. More than that and the Kahooter valve on the red top engines starts to weaken. You should be able to push about 550 HP to the wheels without modifying anything other than the boost level. Also, get the most JDM body kit you can. Bomex is pretty tight. This increases your downforce and adds stability when your drifting at speeds in excess of 80 miles an hour. While your at it, you should buy the most expensive paint job you can afford, so when your drifting people can recognize your car. Don't worry about the small stuff like suspension components, and bushings. Just make sure you get the SR20DET immediatly before anything else, and turn the boost up.

..... actually you know what, it would be easier if you didnt get a 240sx. Yah. Stick with your moms car for right now till you learn how to drive stick. Than from there you can buy your own car, and learn how to drive that one stock first. Once you think you have great control over the stock car, only than should you move to upgrade it. But if you insist on getting the 240sx, pay pal me 4000 dollars, I'll fly to your house, and punch you in the stomach. It will be a lot easier and a lot less painful than watching your car crash into a wall, or another vehicle.
Hey Nissan tuner, where in Melbourne do you live? Do you know Ernest with the 240 and Mickey with the SC300? They are cool, even if they are AZN ^_^. I live in Orlando and was surprised how I hear more about Melbourne every day. If you know Data, ask him if he knows Cronic HAHAHAHA.... >_>

Justin

·
8,886 Posts
Alright, lets settle down. Both "Niggs" and "240SXDRIFTER" are clearly newbies (from the post count alone). They also did not ask very orginized questions. They both need to research and learn to ask questions in a manner that the people trying to help actually know what they want to accomplish. Both the questions are so open ended that no one really has a clue as to how to start helping them.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
yooooo i probably know em but i dont know off the top of my head. is ernest the one with the blackish hatch with the sr20?

i live right off wickham.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The answer to every performance question is..... Nitrous. Just get yourself a 150 shot NOS kit and slap it to the KA and your set. You'll be drifting in no time! and lets not forget about burning those Honda's. :D :tongue:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sry Guys I Need Body Parts Like Fender Hood Core Suport Control Arm Head Light Ass. Yeah And All For The Right Side Or Im Going To Part The Car 91 240sx 18in Konig Wheels 5 In Muffler Header Hks Cold Air........ So If That Helps Let Me Know
Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts