SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gnarkill
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to the site, always been a fan of nissan's, my car is a 97 200sx se-r. had it for about 2 years now, got it for 3000 with 96,000 miles, 5 speed. About a month after I bought it, something I knew was going to happen did... The dreaded fifth gear pop out problem. I took the trans out and took it to a mechanic, the only bad thing was waiting for them to get the 5th gear in, it took about 2 months, after that I had the whole thing looked over and other than the 5th gear, which didnt have much gears too it lol, was replaced I went ahead and got a new clutch kit, Exedy stock replacement, or level1 i think not to sure, but has been shifting awesome ever since. Then I added a no name muffler to it, thats real unique i never seen any other import car with it, sounds deep and mean too, then got 2.75 inch pipe from the cat back to the muffler. Felt that improvement immediately. Also I bought a nissan test pipe, (replaces the cat), and with it on, I actually lost power, I could feel it driving, took a long time to rev up. so I switched back with the factory cat. Also have added a K&N filter, short ram I guess, I call it a HOT air intake, seeing as theres not much cold air going into it, but it still made a difference in the performance, and sound of the car. Now my car has 149K on it, and is running mechanically 100% perfect, besides the airbag and check engine light on, 02 sensor I'm sure, because i cut the one on the cat, And after coming close to selling the car, I slapped myself and realized I could never find a better daily driver/project car and now love it once again. One kid in my town also owns a se-r and has the bluebird sr20det swap, holy crap! Just more of a reason for me to keep my car. Currently I have a real good spl heavy audio system, a pioneer premier deh-p400 cd player, crossfire 5.25 bmf components, pushed by a weird old altec lansing amp, and 2 Cadence Ultra Drive 350rms 15" Subwoofers, in seperate sealed boxes. That believe it or not fit in my trunk!, pushed by a old school KickerZR360 that when bridged at 2 ohms gives off amazing bass! with the bass all the way down, and the amp up a little more than half way, push the hell out of the 15's best amp i ever owned. But now I'm trying to sell all that stuff, and lighten my car and continue making my car faster. Anyway Glad to be a member to an awesome sr20 site! peace

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
Damn. :eek2:

Someone who writes as much as me. LOL. (Really, I do.)

Ditch the audio, go fast. :biggthump

Welcome to the forum.

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
Shawn is going to take the new member under his wing and teach him how to use the space bar!!! LOL

Sounds like a nice car. Pics?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts