SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
No longer a member
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haha, jus thought I'd copy. I'll have some pics later on. As most of you know, a screw was responsible for killing my 165whp DE. Plenty of dimples in the piston, threw a rocker arm, but amazingly, no bent valves. I was too discouraged to rebuild the DE, so I traded in my mods for an SR20VE.

Anyway, the VE work has begun down in Kissimmee where Chef works. I've made a few friends there, so I have all the help and knowledge I need. Wed, I recieved a beautiful specimen of a VE from Andreas Miko, definately one clean engine. Took off the valve cover almost immediately so that I could send it in for powdercoating. Been rewiting the entire thing so that it will be extremely clean.

Anyway, for the mods: Transfering over the CAI as well as the pulleys, clutch, and flywheel. SSautochrome came out with a new race header that puts hotshot to shame, I'm almost sure the ports are big enough to work on VE and DE. JWT reprogram, Greddy MSS switching, 2.5" collector-back exhaust (I'm going to modify the header like I did last time), and JWT cams/springs when they come out. I also want the N1 I.M./TB.

Pictures soon to come.

·
Im a Reckless Driver.
947 Posts
Woot Woot... Keep us posted on the swap... and good luck with the VE hopefully the same thing wont happen as the DE..

btw...... you know how we love pics and vids... :biggthump

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
I think he is not telling us the truth. No pics means he is full of ****. I dont even think he owns a VE from me maybe if he puts up some pics it might jog my memory.

·
No longer a member
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
334 Posts
sweet, maybe after we both finish our swaps we can meet and track our cars...

·
No longer a member
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Serban said:
Just don't try to use the UR crank pulley. Ain't gon' work :D
what? Why not? I already got it on the engine, belts and all.

·
No longer a member
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Will said:
YES! VE!

did that poor DE of yours even have 60k miles on it yet?
59k :(

·
No longer a member
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
seriously, someone let me know about the crank pulley, I already got it on there.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts