SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nissan to Sell NISMO High-Performance Parts For Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles Beginning in Fall 2002

LAS VEGAS, (October 31, 2001) - Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today announced it will produce and market NISMO high-performance aftermarket parts for Nissan and Infiniti vehicles in the U.S. market. NISMO parts, which will be available next fall, cater to Nissan enthusiasts and will offer a factory warranty.

"We're excited to be joining one of the fastest growing niches in the specialty automotive equipment industry," said Jed Connell, senior vice president, Sales and Marketing. "NISMO has nearly 20 years of experience developing and producing high-performance parts and accessories and shares Nissan and Infiniti's uncompromising commitment to quality."

Increasing popularity in manufacturer-backed performance parts and the requests of Nissan and Infiniti enthusiasts led the way for NISMO to enter into the U.S. market. NISMO originated in Japan in 1984 and has established itself as the premiere supplier of high-performance aftermarket parts and accessories for Nissan vehicles in Japan.

"The name NISMO stands for NISsan MOtorsports - a fitting name since NISMO parts will offer cutting-edge performance," said Connelly.

NISMO branded parts will cover three areas - NISMO Performance Parts, designed for Nissan vehicles; Infiniti R-Spec performance parts designed for Infiniti vehicles; and NISMO racing parts designed for off-road/race-track use. NISMO also will offer performance parts for current and previous model Nissan and Infiniti vehicles, including the Sentra SE-R and the forthcoming Infinti G35 and Nissan 350Z.

In North America, Nissan's operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. More information on Nissan in North America and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.nissandriven.com and www.infiniti.com.
Do you think they'll only be offering parts for the latest model cars, or will they have some goodies in store for us Classic owners as well? BTW, take a look at Jim Wolf's new project car:

Nissan/Jim Wolf Technologies Sentra SE-Turbo
Utilizing every ounce of its performance knowledge, Jim Wolf Technologies and Nissan transform the Sentra SE-R Spec V into the latest evolution of speed and style - the SE-Turbo. Accentuating the chassis are Progress Group shocks, springs and rear sway-bar, Energy Suspension bushings, Brembo 13" 4 piston front brakes and stainless steel brake lines, Axis Speed Six wheels and Toyo Proxes tires. Providing the additional power are Jim Wolf Technology's turbo system, ECU, pistons, ported and polished heads, intercooler, cams, clutch and flywheel; a Garrett turbocharger; Techniques hoses, Energy Suspension engine mounts; GReddy muffler and a Nissan Sunny N1 close ration, 5-speed transmission. Highlighting the external enhancement are HKS boost and EGT gauges, a Momo shift knob, Razo pedals, Flex Products Magenta Gold Chromaflair paint and ADM graphics.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
I hope they import all the goodness for us too. no use in leaving us older model years out.

O

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
Wow, that's great news. Anyone have any more information on that project spec V? Pictures?

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Holly ****! This would kick ass! more parts....but I really hope they don't leave the older models behind.

-saaby

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
NISMO also will offer performance parts for current and previous model Nissan and Infiniti vehicles, including the Sentra SE-R and the forthcoming Infinti G35 and Nissan 350Z.

I think that answers the question about us Classic owners, doesn't it?

This is GREAT news. About 4 years too late, but still great news nonetheless.

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
SERprise

Can you post a link to the two quoted pieces you posted.

Thanks!!!!!:p

·
Scary monkey windmill
257 Posts
Jim Wolf Technologies and Nissan transform the Sentra SE-R Spec V into the latest evolution of speed and style - the SE-Turbo.
I think that's a misunderstanding on the part of the writer. I believe they're referring to the JWT/Nissan project car, which is a Sentra SE and was at that show. Because the rest of the description fits that Sentra SE to a tee, including the paint, the brakes, the N1 gearbox and everything else in that description. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. For example, why would they put an N1 5-speed tranny in when the Spec V already has a stronger 6 speed tranny?

So I think the writer was simply confused and was referring to the Sentra SE project car... which makes sense considering they're calling it the SE-Turbo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's the NISMO SE-R:

...not really my cup of tea, but I guess kids like this kinda stuff now a days.

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
Man, ditch the spoiler and the goofy graphics and I'm all over that. I just like the way it sits on the wheels- look at that camber! ::drool::

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
Wow, great job! That looks like my idea of a perfect B15. Where do I sign?

·
JDM style
1,091 Posts
hmm.. try this if you can:
cf hood, take all the stickers off except the pinstripe, clear corners, cf wing, and shave the moldings..
THEN it will be a hot nismo se-r
oh no wait, its missing something.. oh yea.. sr20VET
(which is available in japan btw)

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
And it will need more go fast goodies..sorry, guys drove a Spec V tonight...wasnt all that great...it was quick, but not as quick as it should be...hopefully Nismo can bring over some parts that help, and dont cost a firtune.

I had more people checking out my 200 than the new se-r...especially after taking 2 salesmen for a testdrive in my car! hahahaha

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Black:which dealership did you test it @? compare (if you can) your car stock to this Spec V. did your stock 200 handle as well or feel as fast? i'm not tryin' to slam the 200, but ive driven about a hundred of 'em so your opinion has relevance to my concept of the new Spec V. TIA

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
I drove it at a dealership here in AZ.....stock for stock there is no way...but then again, you should compare a stock 200 to a reg se-r, not the spec V. I drove the car to see what it had..and to see if it was comparable to what I have at this time....I would NOT get rid of my 200 with some bolt ons for this new Spec V....

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Black200sxSER said:
I drove it at a dealership here in AZ
i kinda figured that, since you're in Phoenix. what i meant, what's the name of the dealership. i used to sell nissans for mossy nissan in san diego and we had competition with a lot of AZ dealerships. just curious if they have an edge on my old stomping ground!:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts