SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Too busy to post
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nissan just announced today, 4-12-06, that the Skyline GT-R will be offered in North america!!!:biggthump And will be under the Nissan badge. They will debut at the Tokyo international auto show in 2007, and will hit the shores of North america spring of 2008.

Start saving for your down payment:rofl: :D :rofl:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
yeah i wish they would slash the price in half if theyre going to call it a nissan, but thats obviously just a pipe dream....

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
It's old news that the GTR is coming here. the only new news is that it'll be a Nissan. There was a LOT of debate within the company whether to call it a Nissan or Infiniti.

The powertrain specifics are not available, but the rumors have been from a 3.2L to 3.7L VQ twin turbo somewhere in the 450hp range. About 2-3 years ago, they were saying 400hp with a possible V8. Personally, I think it'll have about 500hp because of the Z06 and also the 911 twin turbo upping its hp to around 485. This past year, it seems to have solified into a twin turbo VQ, just the displacement is unknown. It'll have the ATTESA AWD of course.

As for price, I'd guess $80k.

·
i love b13's !
8,012 Posts
60k i might take a stab at it. 80k would be too much.

i would have to drive the car first and see if its something i could work on myself. what kind of warranty and are they going to offer oem performance upgrades and are they covered by the warranty.

but then in the same breath what of my turbo nx. she would most likely be discarded, useless and forgotten. i couldnt do that to her. hmmm.

is anyone on here considering buying the gtr ??

stratton.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
ApacheXMD said:
For 60 Large, I hope it's better than a Vette.
For 80 Large, I hope it's better than a Z06.

But my guess would be that the z06 would still be king.
depends on what your definition of 'better' is. For straight line performance, I'm positive the Z06 would still rule; well, at least in trap speed. ET's might be similiar due to the AWD. But I DO expect the Skyline to be a much more refined car (i.e. interior, etc.). I also expect it to be easier to drive (handling) as I've read that the Z06 is a bit on the raw side.

I've always been under the impression that the 911 Turbo was the benchmark for the Skyline, and that's a $130k car. Both are very similiar in almost all specs (weight, power, both awd), except the Skyline should be about $50k cheaper :) Oh, and the I doubt the interior will be as luxurious as the 911 turbo, but far ahead of the Z06.

The 911 turbo is the supercar you can drive everyday; just as easy to drive in stop-go traffic as the open highway and very very nice interior. Skyline should be the same.

·
Too busy to post
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
spdracerUT said:
It's old news that the GTR is coming here. the only new news is that it'll be a Nissan. There was a LOT of debate within the company whether to call it a Nissan or Infiniti.

The powertrain specifics are not available, but the rumors have been from a 3.2L to 3.7L VQ twin turbo somewhere in the 450hp range. ..... This past year, it seems to have solified into a twin turbo VQ, just the displacement is unknown. It'll have the ATTESA AWD of course.
:biggthump :iagree:

and if aftermarket companies are making 450 hp on the 3.5 G/Z with a twin turbo kit with about 7 psi, you can expect around the same output from the factory.:D

I have an adobe acrobat file that was released from nissan, but I can't figure out how to post it.

·
i love b13's !
8,012 Posts
BORNGEARHEAD said:
I told you so.:tongue:

The car is supposed to be around $70k. Hp. is targeted at 450hp. It will also have a 0-60 time under 4 seconds. It was built to out perform the Porshe 911 and I'm sure it will. hehe.
the more and more i see this thread the more and more i am truely tempted.

regular maintance on a now 16 year old car is starting to work on my nerves. im hoping in the next few days everything will be squared away and i can for once in 2 years enjoy a nx with out dreaming of doing more stuff to her. 15 grand into my nx and it still has its issues.

450bhp awd and being able to out perform a 911 with a factory warrenty and a nissan badge is so desirable right now. even at 70k it would be worth it. im sure getting a boost controller, bigger exhaust and intake would make worlds of a difference and prolly get dayum close to 500bhp. or better yet parking the nx in teh backyard and forgetting about her, buying a base model camry and leaving behind the 'tuner' world is tempting right now lol.

stratton.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts