Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any one know if it is possable to do an engine swap with a Nissan Leopard
in to a Nissan 240Sx.

·
King of the Highway
62 Posts
the leopard is the same car as the infiniti M30 which has a VG30E(single cam) and yes there have been swaps into those. jm planning on swapping an RB26 into mine

·
Registered
265 Posts
VG's are ugly, heavy, and take up too much space.

Go VQ.

·
Registered
953 Posts
VGs might be ugly, heavy, and take up too much space, but they've been proven to be one stout mofo, and would probably take less money to get mucho power out of it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
VGs might be ugly, heavy, and take up too much space, but they've been proven to be one stout mofo, and would probably take less money to get mucho power out of it.
Maybe less money, but a lot more pain in the butt. Plus, he's talking about an NA VG, which is far surpassed by a VQ35. If he plans on going turbo later, stock longblock VQ30's take 400whp as daily drivers in Maximas, and you can get a FWD VQ30 for dirt cheap...I highly doubt it would require more money to swap in an S-chassis than a VG.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
You would be hard pressed to beat the cost effectiveness of Nissan's 4-cyls.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Sorry.

I thought he was talking about doing something with the Nissan Leopard, which is the M30 or J30, and COMES FROM THE FACTORY with a VG30DE, so a DETT swap isn't that tough.

My bad.

Turbo your KA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts