SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the NM LSD is in fact a Qauife unit, right? Ben, weren't you looking for someone who might carry this for less than Qauife itself? www.nismoparts.com has them for $768. Just an FYI....

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nsracer:
So the NM LSD is in fact a Qauife unit, right? Ben, weren't you looking for someone who might carry this for less than Qauife itself? www.nismoparts.com has them for $768. Just an FYI....
</font>
Wait a minute... Where has it ever been said that the Nissan Motorsports LSD is in fact a Quaife ATB? IIRC, the Nismo LSD is just an improved viscous-type LSD with more lock-up, while the Quaife is a torque-biasing differential.

http://www.se-r.net/car_info/drivetrain_tips.html#Other Drivetrain Modifications

You'd be hard pressed to find a Quaife ATB for that cheap. The SR20 application was originally going for $1295, and just a few months ago, the price was reduced to $995. It would be hard to find it significantly lower than that without resorting to group deals. There is a group deal in progress, though, and Ben Davis mentioned the person you want to e-mail to get details on this deal.

--Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R
1993 NX2000

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bad, I know I heard it either here or on the list that they were the same unit. Guess not
Well, at least now you know were to find the Nismo unit for a good price

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nsracer:
My bad, I know I heard it either here or on the list that they were the same unit. Guess not
Well, at least now you know were to find the Nismo unit for a good price

</font>
Heh... here's a surprise: The Nismo VLSD has been going for a price similar to that for quite some time. I, personally, don't think it's worth it because it's pretty much just a beefed up viscous type LSD with more lock-up. You would be better off paying the extra 200 bucks to move up to a much better performing torque-biasing differential like a Quaife.

--Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R (no VLSD)
1993 NX2000 (has VLSD, but wants Quaife)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts