SR20 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
_______
3,640 Posts
That is basically a DET turbo journal bearing. It's original application is for the s13 det.

If you clock it it will work fine for fwd.

Mike

·
it is what it is!
3,334 Posts
That is basically a DET turbo journal bearing. It's original application is for the s13 det.

If you clock it it will work fine for fwd.

Mike
thanx guys.
yea mike, i ended up googling the number and found that out.
i just never re-posted my findings.

thank you though,
you are ever so filled with so much knowledge it is unreal!!!

·
El Lobito with many toys
906 Posts
I'm oficially on the Nissan Turbo boat guys :biggthump

Damn, I am boost addict and I admit it.

I got, now confirmed, a W10 engine in pretty good shape (so far, so good). The turbo has p/n 14411-1E001

Let's get it on baby!!!

Pics coming soon....

Vadim (CovertedRussian), I told you I would not let you turbo alone bro ;)

Already have:
W10 Avenir engine
Nismo's 740cc injectors
JWT S4 cams
JWT ECU (at JWT at this moment being loaded)
JWT Pop Charger
Walbro 255lph
Nismo FPR
Z32 MAF
Stock turbo for now.... let's see what this baby can do :D

Here I come!!!

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I'm oficially on the Nissan Turbo boat guys :biggthump

Damn, I am boost addict and I admit it.

I got, now confirmed, a W10 engine in pretty good shape (so far, so good). The turbo has p/n 14411-1E001

Let's get it on baby!!!

Pics coming soon....

Vadim (CovertedRussian), I told you I would not let you turbo alone bro ;)

Already have:
W10 Avenir engine
Nismo's 740cc injectors
JWT S4 cams
JWT ECU (at JWT at this moment being loaded)
JWT Pop Charger
Walbro 255lph
Nismo FPR
Z32 MAF
Stock turbo for now.... let's see what this baby can do :D

Here I come!!!
Welcome man! :biggthump

hello,

I have one question, can you tell me where can I buy Avenir engines in california?
Uhhh there are plenty of websites that sell them. It will be better for you to start a new thread in general discussion not to spam this thread.

·
El Lobito with many toys
906 Posts
A big difference I just found out tonigh between an Avenir W10 and Avenir W11

W10 = 3 Wire TPS
W11 = 6 Wire TPS

I think I can fit the 6 wire TPS sensor on the 3 wire TB, however, I would need to cut the excess plastic of the TPS sensor.

Has anyone done this?

·
CAR SLÜT
1,622 Posts
6 wire TPS is for the auto W10/W11/U13 motors

Just fit the SR20DE TPS or keep the 6 wire TPS and use the top plug

·
Registered
3,030 Posts

Ah that makes sense now. The 6 wire tps form a low port, like Wolf_SER's, doesn't fit too easily. You have to modify some things like on this page, you'll have to scroll down a bit though.

According to this i have a w10 but stock boost i have is 9lbs
Did you check the part numbers to make sure?

Also, from what I heard, with a higher flowing exhaust, it is possible for it to be at higher boost stock.

·
El Lobito with many toys
906 Posts

You mean that I should use the 3 wire tps with throttle body and use ONLY the top connector of the 2 I have (6 wire)? If this is the solution, this would be AWESOME!!!

I already have a 96 JWT ECU which uses the 3 wire tps and I did not had any problem using the 6 wire tps so it makes sense to use it the other way.

I have to complete disassembled TB, the one from my lowport DE and the one that came with the highport W10 DET, I thing both are goners as we totally tear them apart, trying to interchange the shafts between them (damn it was way easier just to cut the excess of the longer shaft but we didn't thought of it)

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Yeah part #'s match.. and the exhaust isnt even done yet.. its 2.5 DP to 2.25 stock catback (Till this weekend when it will be 2.5 all the way)
That's already bigger then the stock dp. I think the stocker was around 2.0-2.25".

Or maybe your W10 came from a powerthirsty Soccer Mom ;) :biggthump

You mean that I should use the 3 wire tps with throttle body and use ONLY the top connector of the 2 I have (6 wire)? If this is the solution, this would be AWESOME!!!

I already have a 96 JWT ECU which uses the 3 wire tps and I did not had any problem using the 6 wire tps so it makes sense to use it the other way.

I have to complete disassembled TB, the one from my lowport DE and the one that came with the highport W10 DET, I thing both are goners as we totally tear them apart, trying to interchange the shafts between them (damn it was way easier just to cut the excess of the longer shaft but we didn't thought of it)
Yep that's basically what I was saying yesterday ;)

·
El Lobito with many toys
906 Posts
That's already bigger then the stock dp. I think the stocker was around 2.0-2.25".

Or maybe your W10 came from a powerthirsty Soccer Mom ;) :biggthump

Yep that's basically what I was saying yesterday ;)
Thanks man. I really apprecite it. Here's the info taken from the Nissan Manual

This really makes me feel way better. For all of you that get into this, now you know this is the way to go.

:)

·
El Lobito with many toys
906 Posts
To contribuite a little bit more to this great forum I took some pics of all my personal confusion so it might help someone in the future.

For those who don't know the difference between both TPS, here they are both:

And the best proof the 6 wire tps and 3 wire can work the same. The pic shows the connector is the same for both

even the color of the leads is the same (copper color).

Thank you for all you help guys.

·
CAR SLÜT
1,622 Posts
You can even use a multimeter to check the resistance in the pins to confirm they are identical.

When you refit it, make sure the TPS tab is in the right spot inside the throttlebody or you will not be able to get full throttle TPS voltage ;)

The 6 pin TPS does come in handy for Alpha~N tuning though on a N/A car. No MAF and no MAP with a suitably chipped ECU and hours of dyno time. But thats for a different section ;)

·
Endless Turbo Preparation
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

·
CAR SLÜT
1,622 Posts
A bend W/G actuator bracket, crimped boost signal hose or a number of other factors can affect stock boost level...

·
El Lobito with many toys
906 Posts
You can even use a multimeter to check the resistance in the pins to confirm they are identical.

When you refit it, make sure the TPS tab is in the right spot inside the throttlebody or you will not be able to get full throttle TPS voltage ;)
Thanks for the tip. I will double check this. :)

41 - 60 of 100 Posts