SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 552 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys!

Since I've joined your community not only as a vendor, but also as a B13 SE-R owner...I've noticed the difficulty in purchasing CF hoods/trunks for our cars.

I've talked with our friends over at Seibon Carbon, and if we can get enough people interested/paid up in advance, we can do a group buy on 20 hoods and trunks.

Lets get an interest list of those that want these and if we can get a big enough group together, I will be willing to facilitate this group buy.

Pricing on the hoods and trunks will be $400 each. Please remember, this pricing is only if we can get this group buy through...no group buy, no production of these will take place.

Seibon is one of the premier makers of Carbon Fiber products, including hoods and trunks. I can vouch for them first hand as I have one of their hoods on my Time Attack STi as well as my gf's R32 GTR. These are great quality and light weight. They are a direct bolt on to your car and exact replica of your OEM hood/trunks. Installs should be very straight forward and easy.

As for how this group buy will work...Once we have 20 confirmed for hoods and trunks (that is 20 hoods and 20 trunks), I will ask for everyone's NON-REFUNDABLE 50% deposits -- thats $200 per unit. Once I have ALL deposits here and in hand, I will give Seibon the greenlight to start production. From that point, Seibon estimates about a 60 day turnaround to get them to me. Please note...the time frame is an ESTIMATE only...it could be quicker, it could be later. I WILL NOT refund your money if it takes longer than 60 days. Please understand, I will be bearing the difference of funds minus your deposits to get them made. If you back out, I will have to use your deposit to help sell/store the remaining units.

Please notice, that if you had mentioned that you were a maybe, I removed you from the list. Sorry if you are offended, but Maybe is not an accurate measure for a group buy. We need solid commitments from people. If you don't have the money yet, start saving now. This group buy will end at the end of this month (December) or sooner if we have enough committed to meet the minimum requirement. If we do not have enough people with solid commitments by December 31st, this Group Buy will be CLOSED and no deposits will be taken.

List For Hoods: 18 (Jimithin and I will work something out for the last two)

1. [email protected] -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
2. Nguyen -- 1 (CANCELLED)
3. Jimithin7000 -- 2 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
4. OlskoolZguy -- 1 (Cancelled)
5. Sentra GTR -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
6. ShawnB -- 2 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
7. [email protected] -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
8. Happynole -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
9. david t larson -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
10. B13_Turbo -- 1
11. kevinw -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED) -- Sold Spot to Eggman
12. sergioqu -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
13. mr.sentra_specv -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
14. sr70510 -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
15. axion48888 -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
16. superblackZ -- 2 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
17. 92_sEnAtRa -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
18. blowout81 -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
19. trblsme2k2 -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED) -- Sold spot to Nick I.
20. michaelm -- 2 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
21. DXPXE -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
22. SDNISMOSR20DE -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
23. SERTAINLY -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
24. DPHILLIPSB13 -- (Deposit Collected -- Purchased one of Happynole's Hoods)

List for Trunks: 20!!!

1. [email protected] -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
2. axion4888 -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
3. Jimithin7000 -- 2 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
4. OlskoolZguy -- 1 (Cancelled)
5. ShawnB -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
6. david t larson -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
7. Tamas -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
8. 6DSM4 -- 2 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
9. kevinw -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED) -- Sold spot to Eggman
10. sergioqu -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
11. blusteelsr20 -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
12. mr.sentra_specv -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
13. [email protected] -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
14. [email protected] -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
15. SERpriz -- 2 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
16. 4dr_xe -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
17. superblackZ -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
18. shuttersboy -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
19. Happynole -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
20. 92_sEnAtRa -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
21. blowout81 -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
22. trblsme2k2 -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED) -- Sold spot to Nick I.
23. vic -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
24. michaelm -- 2 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
25. DXPXE -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
26. SDNISMOSR20DE -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)
27. SERTAINLY -- 1 (DEPOSIT COLLECTED)

Please let me know if I have forgotten ya or want to be added to the list!

Scott VanderHeide
Motorsports Director
Fontana Nissan/NissanRaceShop.com
800-989-6173 x2253

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. Sentra GTR-1 (maybe -- please confirm) -- Hood
2. axion4888 (trunk)
3. Myself (1 hood and 1 trunk)

·
squaadd up!
262 Posts
Im assuming this is the price without shipping ?

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
I really like that you are an official Forum Vendor and Seibon is a well known, long-term CF manufacturer.

http://www.seiboncarbon.com/about/

Gives me confidence. :)

Will these incorporate or allow all use of factory latches, mounting points, lights, washer nozzles and locks?

Do we have to do any cutting or modification for the tail lights, washer nozzles or locks, etc..?

Hood pins necessary or advised? Yes, found this on Seibons site.

Will the hoods and trunks incorporate the Nissan underside structural elements of the hood and trunk? Ie...no "floppiness", the standard-oem hood prop works, etc...?

Have you run this past the Staff as a possible GB on the other SR20 Forum? I don't see any links or threads over yonder.

Thanks,

Shawn B

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really like that you are an official Forum Vendor and Seibon is a well known, long-term CF manufacturer.

http://www.seiboncarbon.com/about/

Gives me confidence. :)

Will these incorporate or allow all use of factory latches, mounting points, lights, washer nozzles and locks?

Do we have to do any cutting or modification for the tail lights, washer nozzles or locks, etc..?

Hood pins necessary or advised? Yes, found this on Seibons site.

Will the hoods and trunks incorporate the Nissan underside structural elements of the hood and trunk? Ie...no "floppiness", the standard-oem hood prop works, etc...?

Have you run this past the Staff as a possible GB on the other SR20 Forum? I don't see any links or threads over yonder.

Thanks,

Shawn B
yes, these will be direct replacements with mounting holes and latches...no difference in build or quality than any other Seibon Carbon products.

I have posted it on the other forum and awaiting its approval.

And yes, I am a vendor here on this forum, and a brick and mortar store where you can hunt me down if you ever have an issue. Seibon is a solid name in the industry and makes quality parts...so when we give the green light that this will happen...it will happen ;)

same questions as Shawn, Also can you get a carbon fiber trunk with a carbon fiber wing? I think it will look much better.if so i want one.
The trunk will be just a replacement trunk...not including the wing. Some may like that, some might not...but to get 20 of them made, we have to go with what we feel will work for most.

Scott

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cmon guys...we need more commitments from you if this is going to happen! I have opened up several group buys and none have worked...please help me regain my confidence in them!

Scott

1. Sentra GTR-1 (maybe -- please confirm) -- Hood
2. axion4888 (trunk)
3. Myself (1 hood and 1 trunk)
4. Nguyen (1 hood -- maybe 1 trunk)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
1. Sentra GTR-1 (1 Hood maybe -- please confirm)
2. axion4888 (1 trunk)
3. Myself (1 hood, 1 trunk)
4. Nguyen (1 hood -- maybe 1 trunk)
5. Jimithin7000 (1 hood, 1 trunk)

·
B13 Fan
381 Posts
How long is this going to go on? I'd like a hood and trunk but it wouldn't be till like february till I could recover from christmas lol. Just wondering. Thanks

·
squaadd up!
262 Posts
any estimate on shipping cost's to ny area for hood and trunk? will payment be needed before preduction is started ? i understand paying up front is how these group buy's are mostly done however im being extra cautious after seeing the recent carbon trunk/hood group buy on the dash go down hill..

·
Registered
95 Posts
How long is this going to go on? I'd like a hood and trunk but it wouldn't be till like february till I could recover from christmas lol. Just wondering. Thanks
same question. and is it possible to pick up, as your name says FontanaNissan, i dont mind driving to save shipping costs, or am i gonna have to pay for the shipping for you to get the trunk. and also, i understand that Seibon is a very well known and respected company, but i am on the edge, as that group buy on cf trunks on the other forum just collapsed completely

List me as maybe for a Trunk, for now at least.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Im in for a carbon fiber hood for my B13! But same questions as earlier- will this is incorporate the original skeletol structure as the OEM hood underneth for strength? will these have the windshield wiper nozzle holes? How long will this offer last? Im sure a lot of us will definetly need recovery after the holidays- 400.00 plus shipping is totally an awesome price especially for Seibon quality- is it possible to place deposits? Thanks! :biggthump

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
i understand paying up front is how these group buy's are mostly done however im being extra cautious after seeing the recent carbon trunk/hood group buy on the dash go down hill..
Skeptical and cautious here as well. ;)

Just so you know, this is Fontana Nissan. As in a full-service, no bullsh*t, Nissan dealer. As Scott said, a "brick and mortar" shop. Sitting right there, and we have a ton of Southern California forum members. Someone could easily go by and visit Fontana Nissan.

http://local.nissanusa.com/los-angeles-area/index.html

Google them. This is not a normal good-intentioned Forum Member planning this Group Buy, it is a very large, established, Nissan Dealer that is proposing this GB.

And I posted a link to Seibon earlier. Big company, been around since 2003 or so. BBB member. SEMA member. Seibon is not a small, just getting started "Mom & Pop CF Business."

Same questions right here on time-frame.

And...just spoke to Wifey. She said "do it." Quickly and with no hesitation. Gotta love that lady. :D

So I am down for one of each, (1) trunk, (1) hood. Please put my name on the list.

Scott, how about some very cool, high quality hood pins available also in conjunction with this Group Buy? "Fries with that shake?" Like from Aerocatch or a very well known, respected, name in hood-pins?

1 - 20 of 552 Posts