SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
I went to Radio Shack and found a micro-switch that had a roller on the arm, Mount it to a bracket attached to the Valve cover corner stud closest to the throttle body. And adjust it so that the ball on the throttle linkage hits it at full throttle.

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
I bought my switch at Radio shack. I fabricated a brackett and set it so that the switch is on only at WOT (when throttle linkage is all the way up). It is very easy to do and it works great!

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
The other guys are right: Just bend the bracket that should have come with your kit (I take it it is N-O-S brand, no?) so that when the microswitch is mounted on that bracket it hovers over the throttle cable. The bracket will mount to the valve cover bolt in the upper right hand (driver's side) corner of the valve cover.
Some bending and mashing are appropriate to get the bracket to fit *just* right.
To adjust it...roll the throttle all the way wide open (safety disclaimer: Make sure the car is off, please. Thank you. ) Press the microswitch so that the lip of the throttle bracket just *barely* hits the throttle switch, to the point where you hear it *click*. Tighten down the bracket (the valve cover bolt it's bolted to). Try it out a few times so that you can make sure nothing is binding the throttle cable.
The trick is to adjust the placement of the switch so that it is only activated at WOT, and I mean *wide* open. A mis-adjusted one can mean you're only getting 95% throttle, not a good thing.
Hope this helps.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, JWT pop, header, ProActive
clutch, ST bar, NOS direct-port 75hp, Autopower 4-point roll bar/harnesses.
[email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

1 - 4 of 4 Posts