SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wait, what's that beside my '93 SE-R in the garage??????

MUHahahahahahahahha! I am Nitrous King! 63 pounds of N20, and it's all mine!

Here's the NOS-brand bottle stand ($88), trans-fill lines/filter ($66), and Wal-Mart brand scale ($5.99, bargain).

The mother bottle cost me just $50, with a $72 yearly deposit on the cylinder itself ($6 a month). Nitrous for less than $1.00 a pound, through our local industrial gas distributor.

The cylinder weighs 191 pounds, total. A B-I-T-C-H to move anywhere. The funny thing is...my Pathfinder is out of town with the wife, so I had to load this cylinder in my Eclipse Spyder. I had to put the top down to fit it in. To any knowledgeable auto enthusiast, I must have looked like a complete friggin' idiot with a Nytrous+ cylinder in the back seat, driving around town.

I do not care what I looked like.

I like Nitrous. Oh yes, I do.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, a proud customer of Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc., [email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
How do you get that bad boy filled?

------------------
1994 SE-R Super Black
HS CAI, STB, NX console, 15" rolling stock, more to come...

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stine;

You don't get it refilled. That's what the $72 deposit is for: I simply take back the empty, and exchange it for a nice, newly-filled one. Plus pay $60 (with tax) for the contents of the new one.

Basically...I pay $72 a year ($6 a month) for the bottle deposit (like I'm gonna just run off with a 130-lb gas cylinder), and the actual new cylinders (filled, 63 pounds give or take) cost me about $60.

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Hmmmmm I guess a 191 pound Nitrous bottle wouldn't fit in the trunk?
That would turn some heads at the track!!!!!

------------------
'91 SEntRa
'92 Sentra XE
SHUT UP AND DRIVE!!!!

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
LMAO!! that's awesome man! the scale did it for me! ooh, the pain! make the laughter stop! hahahahahha!

i had to use my VW cabrio once (for the two weeks i had it) to bring a 27" tv home. top down, tv in, stereo up....good times!

------------------
1991 Sentra SE-R
Cone intake, NismoBorla Exhaust, 19* timing, 2 12" Kicker Competitions, 125K miles

·
Registered
486 Posts
good thing nobody shot at your nos tank, haha take out a whole block.

·
Registered
727 Posts
So this means your keeping NOS huh Greg? Yes, oh yes? DO I hear a manifold calling my name? HAHAHAHAHA!

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> Hot Shot CAI, Custom Apexi Cat Back, ST Shifter & G4 Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, B&G springs, 91 Cams, NOS 50 Shot, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, JWT CPU COMING SOON!

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
Greg, that kicks ass!! This was what I always dreamed of when I was running nitrous in my car! But I could never get ahold of one. If I were paying $1 a pound I would have stayed with the juice. Oooh, I used to love freezing my bottles overnight, transfer filling them (getting 13 lbs in a 10 lb bottle, all liquid
. Heating them up and launching at 1200-1300 psi! yeeeha!

Frank
96 200sx SE-R
F-MAX Stage II
[email protected] on nitrous
250hp on nitrous
[email protected] psi
[email protected] psi

·
Much love for the B-13
593 Posts
That rules!! NOS Rules!! I would like to have a turbo but I won't give up my NOS car!

------------------
'96 SE-R No bolt unturned...13.82 @ 109.71
'92 E Lots of factory bolts still in place
'92 SE-R all stock with out a sunroof, kicking ass at rallycross!

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Frank;

I'm getting all misty-eyed here. Isn't 1100psi + just a really great feeling? That's how I got my first 1.98 60-ft time.

I just trans-filled for the first time last night. Put a pound extra in there, just for some fun.

Project SE-R: You wish, man. If some things come through, I'll be burning through all 63 pounds of nitrous within a month. Should be fun...

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERprise In WV:
Frank;

I'm getting all misty-eyed here. Isn't 1100psi + just a really great feeling? That's how I got my first 1.98 60-ft time.
</font>
It's an awesome feeling, especially with some MT slicks. I used to pull 1.83 60 foots with the 50 shot, and 1.78 60 foots with the 100 shot! I would pull my gf's dads 68 camaro on slicks out of the hole! Having a real purge (as opposed to just revving it in neutral with the nos) REALLY helped my 60 foots. I highly recommend it if you dont have one yet, as well as an electric bottle warmer.

Frank
96 200sx SE-R
USed to take the blue bottle in a hot shower with me, had one blow off in there once! haha, oops!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey Frank, when are you going to come to LACR or even California Speedway with Jesse and my self to run that monster you have?

I wish I had 350hp....

Alfie
(Corona bottle fed SR20)

------------------
92'XE/w-Primera swap
sleepr w/N20

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Damn Frank.. getting personal with the NOS bottle huh? ****.. I own that bottle now!! ugh! Alfie I think the 1800 theme will work! Haha. We all gotta meet up down there in LA for fun. I mean 3am turbo installs are cool too but...

Luis

·
Registered
404 Posts
Most def bro, just tell me when and where and I'm there..Hey Luis tell your bro to come down too...how about a small shot glass next to the bottle??bottoms up!!!

------------------
92'XE/w-Primera swap
sleepr w/N20

·
Registered
404 Posts
Jesse is wicked in the G20, Yea he has been for about the last year. Pretty fast on the freeway. BFG's damn bro I was looing at buying some before I snagged the Nitto's. Hit me up when you decide to make it out to the strip..

Laytz
Alfie

------------------
92'XE/w-Primera swap
sleepr w/N20

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cnynracer1:

Frank
96 200sx SE-R
F-MAX Stage II
[email protected] on nitrous
250hp on nitrous
[email protected] psi
[email protected] psi
</font>

Oh really! Nice numbers! So where you there when my baby laid down another 400whp number?

I may be back in the fray soon...this AWD thing is okay but I miss having a Nissan.

I got a line on a Classic with 150K on it for $500.

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jay Hass:

Oh really! Nice numbers! So where you there when my baby laid down another 400whp number?
</font>
Actually, yes I was! Pretty friggin incredible to see the SR20 screaming with that much power. It sounded like it was right on the edge, I don't think the stock internals will take much more.

Ron was boosting 24 psi when he made that 400hp pull, with his timing at 20 degrees!
Plus the extra advance Clark programs in with the water, the car had a LOT of timing in it. I would like to get the water injection, but that is far down on my list of mods. We just left the timing at 14 degrees with my dyno runs.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

I may be back in the fray soon...this AWD thing is okay but I miss having a Nissan.
</font>
Sweet!
I knew you would return to your true love

Frank
96 200sx SE-R
F-MAX Stage II

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Frank;

Bottle warmer and purge valve....check! I've had the bottle warmer for a while. Just hooked up the purge valve.

I'll miss them both when the turbo goes in

At $1 per pound, I may just drive around, purgin' on everybody I see. Woo hoo!

CruzNSER;
It's easy to 'overfill' a bottle. When you trans-fill (no compressor, using physics and gravity), just let her go past the 24 pound mark (bottle weighs 14 pounds, + 10 pounds of nitrous). I stopped mine at 26 pounds yesterday.

NOW....when it warms back up, the pressure is a sweeeeet 1100psi. Which will shoot you off the line like a bitch. Your second run after that will drop it down to about 950psi. Still good, but not great.

The bottle warmer is the secret to consistent nitrous runs, IMHO.

That, and other little things like timing, plugs, plug gap, blah blah blah.

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jay Hass:

</font>
Whats wrong with the DSM Jay, too easy to go fast? Need more of a challenge bud? Glad to hear you may come back.

------------------

http://geocities.com/yellow4g63/sr20det.htm

Mike.
Turbo Classic, T3/T04e Tial 35mm ".65Bar" Blitz BOV, Custom piping griffen intercooler Core with HK$ EndTanks,custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Eibach Sportlines, everything else was stolen,:( Speedpro coming soon bigger Injectors and custom fuel rail. Equal length stainless steel manifold. Fortified Tranny. DAMN VILLIANS.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts