SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got these tires and wanted to find out what is the best psi for them to hook up real good and at what rpm you launch from any advice would be good to thanks.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I launch at about 4k and 20 psi on a hot nite here in texas. The track is usually greasey (sp?) when it's that hot. I slip the clutch a little and can get 2.0 60 times. be safe james

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply James did you get any wheelspin? I heard of some people raising the rpm up to 5000 and also having about 14-16 psi. What do you think about the pressure being that low.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
FAST92SE-R;

Easy answer: 15-18 psi, and I launch at 5,000-5,500 rpm. Sometimes higher, sometimes lower.

Every track is different, every pass unique.

No burnout, btw.

If you want to see what the launch is like, just hit my site (link below), then go to the videos. Click on the 1/8 mile dragstip pass video. That's a 5,200rpm launch at about 16psi.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, a proud customer of Nitrous Oxide Systems, Inc., [email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks I will try it your way and I will post how it went thanks for all the help

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
14psi? Wow. You know thats sort of a risky idea. Tire can be so deflated you can spin the wheel inside of the tire which wouldn't be good. I wouldn't recommend going any lower than about 20psi IMO.

------------------
-Nuke the bastards-

Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli P700z's

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts