SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlights/tail lights/blinkers and all the idiot lights work, but my speedo/tach/temp/gas do not light up. I swap out the dimmer switch-nothing, turn signal switch-nothing, cluster-nothing. Possible bad harness? ground?

All the fuses I checked were good, Ive also swapped out the relay's next to the fuse box. Still no dash lights

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Had the same problem, replaced the cluster and no more problem. I also dropped 20,000 miles too ;)

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had the same problem, replaced the cluster and no more problem. I also dropped 20,000 miles too ;)
Ive swapped out the cluster with a spare. Still no lights.

·
white91'Allmotor
394 Posts
If the chances are that the cluster u swap with may also have a bad I think it's called gasket(the clear blue plastic piece). Try replacing that piece and see how it work. Both of me se-r I got were like that. Hope this help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If the chances are that the cluster u swap with may also have a bad I think it's called gasket(the clear blue plastic piece). Try replacing that piece and see how it work. Both of me se-r I got were like that. Hope this help.
The cluster I swapped it with works. I know that for sure as its in my old ser.

Dimmer switch?
I swapped that also. Checked every fuse possible(that I found) double and trippled check'd.

This is Nismo1997..my brother was logged in.

·
!!!!CAUTION!!!!
3,993 Posts
try switching the little bulbs maybe those are fried

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the same problem right now. The 10A fuse on the fuseblock next to the battery blew. I'm working on tracing the problem right now. No luck yet....
Let me know what you find. I had no luck or the time to play with it this week.

try switching the little bulbs maybe those are fried
I swapped the cluster with one I know worked. Still no dash lights:squint:

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
nick is this my old car? i had issues with the dash coming on and off, i changed the dimmer switch and IIRC it stopped....

·
GTI-R DONE
1,151 Posts
i hope u find the problem, because i could use the help

·
SR20DEviant
2,131 Posts
That little fuse next to the battery is fhte fuse for the foglights, just so you know. I had that blow on me once, so I know.

OK, so as far as the speedo lights not working. i had the SAME issue. It ended up being the small little holders that held those 3 bulbs in were fried. I'd say to get your hands on a cluster and start swapping those out for newer ones... That's what my issue was. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nick is this my old car? i had issues with the dash coming on and off, i changed the dimmer switch and IIRC it stopped....
No, this is in the VE car I got from the orignal owner. I got a folder from day one with paper work. Back in 01 in was in the dealer for this problem. Guess it was never fixxed.

That little fuse next to the battery is fhte fuse for the foglights, just so you know. I had that blow on me once, so I know.

OK, so as far as the speedo lights not working. i had the SAME issue. It ended up being the small little holders that held those 3 bulbs in were fried. I'd say to get your hands on a cluster and start swapping those out for newer ones... That's what my issue was. Good luck.
I swapped clusters still no lights. Ill check the fuse next to the battery once more.

·
Registered
240 Posts
This may help:

The 10A fuse for the parking lights kept blowing (meaning no parking or dash lights,) so I spent some time troubleshooting the problem. When I measured the resistance on the fuse block for the 10A fuse, it was showing a hard short.

After testing all of the lights on that circuit with a multi-meter, I found that the driver's side parking lamp socket had an internal short. To be sure I removed all the bulbs and put them back in one by one (turning the lights off when adding another bulb) until the fuse blew.

I replaced the socket and it appears that the new socket may have resolved the issue. If the fuse doesn't blow within the next few days, that was the culprit.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This may help:

The 10A fuse for the parking lights kept blowing (meaning no parking or dash lights,) so I spent some time troubleshooting the problem. When I measured the resistance on the fuse block for the 10A fuse, it was showing a hard short.

After testing all of the lights on that circuit with a multi-meter, I found that the driver's side parking lamp socket had an internal short. To be sure I removed all the bulbs and put them back in one by one (turning the lights off when adding another bulb) until the fuse blew.

I replaced the socket and it appears that the new socket may have resolved the issue. If the fuse doesn't blow within the next few days, that was the culprit.
I checked the fuses again, inside the car the 3rd fuse down on the right(Audio Fuse) is showing no power. I pulled down the entire clip and checked for power on the back. Any only 1 side shows power, the purple wire is showing no power, which got me confused it that the radio etc all works:squint:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts