SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Enjoy the GTR Matt!
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, for those of you who don't know, I just nearly completed a manual to automatic swap, including swapping nearly the complete electrical system (2 engine, 1 engine bay, and underdash wiring with all computers etc. Before you ask why in the hell anyone would do a manual to auto swap, I took all the manual stuff for my project car DE-T.

I got it to crank before changing the underdash wiring but the auto tranny wouldn't work right, so I changed the underdash harness since there was an automatic tranny ECU I didn't know about.

Anyway, I have fuel, but no spark.
Tried to pull ECU codes, but I get nothing.. not even the "all is well" 5.5 code.

I tried swapping ECUs back to the manual one, it gives no codes at all as well.

This same problem occurred before I changed the underdash harness, but I found an un-plugged clip next to the ECU, but there was no clip for it to fit into. This is because the auto harness clip has 6 wires, but the manual underdash clip had 4, something like that.. and had to splice into the manual underdash harness with 3 of the wires, black, white, and blue to get the ECU to show codes and crank the car.

I went under and used a voltmeter to test that same harness (although this time it was clipped in like normal since I now have the auto underdash harness as well). I checked power and ground, white has power +12v, black has ground, just as it tested before when I had to rewire.

Does ANYONE know of a wire or clip or ground, whatever that will cause the ECU not to function and/or show codes?

I looked at the FSM, and I believe all the clips shown are taken care of, although it lists a circuit breaker and I can't find one anywhere by the junction box.

I'm clueless... My guess is SOMETHING isn't getting power, or not getting ground and it is causing the ECU not to power up, therefore no spark, but I don't know if spark is dependant on the ecu or not.

·
Enjoy the GTR Matt!
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Damn, not one single person even read it.

Update: I tested a few of the pins going to the ECU with the ECU connected, got power on some of them. Finally found the pages listing what the pins go to, and what voltage should be found on them in the electronic FSM last night, I'll have to test it out Sunday night when I get back.

In the meantime, somebody throw out ideas!

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
im having this problem too

·
Enjoy the GTR Matt!
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
update: found it yesterday. Since I swapped the entire harness, I did not know, and did not notice it, but ONE wire was cut on the wheel cluster. I'm guessing some kind of electrical system kill for an alarm, although there was no alarm or extra wiring noticed in the car at all.

It was a black/yellow wire I believe.

Once I connected it, magicallly the ECU got power, and she cranked right up, runs, drives, YEA!!!

I just need to clean it up and it will be time to start playing with the JDM engine and turbo setup!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
ah good. i was reading the post trying to figure out what was wrong and noticed u fixed it yourself. nice going!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts