SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. So I bought a 240sx with a SR20DET redtop swapped into it. It doesn't seem to have a rev limiter and I don't know why. The previous owner said the rev limiter was like that when he swapped it over... How would I go about figuring out why the car isn't rev limiting. (Special note, I had to repair a damaged head; I assume from the lack of a limiter)

·
Registered
5 Posts
How would I fix that?
If it is using a Nissan ECU then you'll need to find it under the dash and take a look at it. (Kind of a gold colored metal box) Check for stickers on the outside that may indicate what type of tune or tuning hardware it has in it. If there is no indication on the outside, then you'll need to unplug the ECU and remove the sheet metal cover to have a look on the inside. If it has been modified so it can be tuned there will be a small circuit board that is parallel to the main bottom board. Something like the one on the upper left of this photo.

If your ECU has one of these extra boards snap a picture like the one above and we can help you identify what tuning software you need for the board.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it is using a Nissan ECU then you'll need to find it under the dash and take a look at it. (Kind of a gold colored metal box) Check for stickers on the outside that may indicate what type of tune or tuning hardware it has in it. If there is no indication on the outside, then you'll need to unplug the ECU and remove the sheet metal cover to have a look on the inside. If it has been modified so it can be tuned there will be a small circuit board that is parallel to the main bottom board. Something like the one on the upper left of this photo.
View attachment 1999
If your ECU has one of these extra boards snap a picture like the one above and we can help you identify what tuning software you need for the board.
Awesome! Thanks. That's really good information. I had heard the ECU could be modified, just wasn't 100% sure how to tell. I'll take a look at it and report back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts