SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
S12//SR20//HOONIGAN
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

i went to the track last night and ran crap times because my car couldnt hook up for sh!t :squint: . i have a 91 b13 ser with a jdm sr20 hotshot CAI high flow cat and catback, and timing at 19º. i dropped my tire pressure to about 25 psi and still couldnt hook up. i have hankook tires and i guess they're too hard for the track cause i was smokin em through first and second. now i was going to buy dot approved drag radials, but my friend told me not to because i would break my axle. what do you guys reccomend?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I dont think you have to worry about axles. Drag radials are not that hard on axles. I launch on full MH slicks on the bottle, run 1.8 60fts and i am still running stock axles and tranny with 172k miles. I would recommand running a small drag radial, 205/55/14 would be perfect for your set up.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You spun the tires through 2nd gear, and you are n/a? You should be able to hook pretty decent on street tires with you mods. Try working on your launch.

·
naturally aspirated pos
245 Posts
if you can afford a couple extra buck for slicks, they are the ****. They have a lot less shock on the drivetrain from the wrinkle effect.

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
205-50-15 bf's from fred...u were probably launching 2 hard..if the money is not their work on ur launch.but the drag radials will solve this right away..upgrade ur mounts to prothanes

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
practice on regular tires when u get really good 60fts on that then move up to drag radials, then slicks

also preload the drive train wont be breaking much that way

·
naturally aspirated pos
245 Posts
Pr0nSt4r said:
now i was going to buy dot approved drag radials, but my friend told me not to because i would break my axle.

oh btw, I have broken 2 tranny's at the track with nitto nt555r drag's, never had a problem with mickey thompson e/t slicks & they fit right on the stock b13 se-r wheels. :biggthump

1 - 8 of 8 Posts