SR20 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went autocrossing last Saturday, and had a ball. The car pushed more than I would have liked, I had to be way way mellow to get decent times. I hate when you feel slow and get a fast time, or you go balls out and end up skidding through every corner and get a slow-ass time.

Anyway, the freakin announcer had no idea what kind of car I had. It made me sad, I'm at the line and they're like "Here's Paul in his uh.. 200NX or x2000 or something, I dunno." Geez, it was written on the damn card!!

Then there were some ricey hondas in my run group, all lowered and sounding like lawnmowers DNF'ing almost every round. Some of their friends noticed my car though when my friend was driving. I heard them remarking on the stunning good looks (I washed my wheels for the event, hah) Unfortunately they probably didn't notice that we were consistently running 8 sec faster than them. All show no go those guys. Another friend of mine ran in his stock Civic DX hatchback with bald bicycle tires and was running as fast as them.

Anyway, I love my NX. I'd love it more with some GC coilovers and some new tires =] Next year I'm gonna get me a rookie trophy in the SCCA series.

G

·
That is one of the cool things about the NX. No one knows how good they are. Have you ever raced a GS-R? They can Hardly pull our engine with 30 more hp. GS-R got me today because he waited until I shifted into second when I thought he wasn't going for it and then only barely. SR20 KICKS ASS!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, the gsr has no torque. hell, I raced a ls/vtec and he only pulled my off the line b/c he cheated. those 190 hp conversions are only as fast as my car w/o NOS, w/ the NOS I would have, well made him look like a geo prizm on a spare. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.