SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't heard much about the non adjustable kyb shocks. Does anyone know how they compare to the Tokikos?

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Doug H:
I haven't heard much about the non adjustable kyb shocks. Does anyone know how they compare to the Tokikos? </font>
To tell you the truth too many people I know rather KYB GR-2's over Tociko blues. Thats not saying much about Tociko HP's.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
the oe struts are basically the tociko blues. look at your strut and it will say tociko on it.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace,SMC BAKB, motoul 600 brake fluid, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone used the KYB-GR2s with the stock springs?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Doug H:
Has anyone used the KYB-GR2s with the stock springs? </font>
That's exactly what I'm using right now on my NX. I've been told that the Tokico HP (Blue) and the KYB GR-2 are nothing more than OEM replacement shocks. They're probably right, as these shocks don't have the valving to handle aftermarket lowering springs and coilovers. It's a bit stiff for stock, but I've heard the NX is like that straight from the factory. It was a big improvement over the stock shocks which were pretty much dead after 132k of hard driving (129k by the previous owner, and mostly autocrosses by me.) Would I recommend them as a good OEM replacement? Yes. Is there anything better within the same price range? Maybe... But you can't go wrong with these shocks if you're going to stay with stock springs.

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts