SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is in the garage on jackstands right now so I worked out a co-drive in my friend's ESP Eagle Talon. I also convinced a buddy to bring out his Impreza 2.5rs and ran that too. I was very impressed with both of these cars. The handling on both of them was similar to my NX, overcook and you understeer, lift-throttle and trail-brake oversteer, power-on understeer. Careful braking and a good line reaps great rewards as I proved to my Talon buddy, I outran him by a second and the second place ESP car was .5 back. This was on street tires in a car I had never driven!
Needless to say I had a great day. I've been running my NX with ST bars, AGXs and stock springs and after driving the Talon which has GCs I am way excited about getting GCs on my car. When it comes out of the garage it'll be decent for STS. I'm staying away from DSP as the competition is pretty tough. Pat, you may remember a couple Capri's from California at Nationals, they routinely whup my ass in DSP, though I've never driven on race tires either. Art, this post is mainly for you as I know you've autocrossed a DSM before. Was yours in AWD/turbo trim?

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
Registered
708 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scarpa:
Art, this post is mainly for you as I know you've autocrossed a DSM before. Was yours in AWD/turbo trim?

</font>
I wish but then maybe I wouldn't have bought my SE-R. I would now not give up this car for anything.

My Talon was an NA and an AT. I was suprisingly competitive in it with a few 2nd place finishes over some 00 Civic SI's that I drove into STS since they couldn't beat me in my AT Talon. Now they have to contend with me in STS with my SE-R. I beat one of them in San Diego by over 2 seconds a couple of weeks ago!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts