SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with my brother, he just got off the plane from his test session in Sebring. Some background info: He won the Formula BMW shootout in Spain in January and is now an official BMW scholarship winner and is ready to race in Formula BMW's inagural season. Before talking to him today I never realized how heavy-duty this pro racing deal is. He's not allowed to race anything but his Formula BMW car, not even go-karts. They tell him what to wear when, they handed him a stack of 9 outfits and a schedule of what to wear when. When he's suited up, he's not allowed to talk to anyone except the team engineer, if someone else approaches the car, they will be ejected immediately. This is going to be a big change for me as I'm always right beside him at the races. I'm most likely going to be heading down to his next test session in Indy next week. There's a ton of stuff no-one is allowed to talk about, but what I can say is the car handles like nothing else out there, without the characteristics inherent to a FWD, RWD or AWD car. This is going to be one interesting summer. He did say that he is going to ask my dad not to come to the races, and he might not want me to come to allow him to focus 100% on driving. I dont know how I'm going to deal with that :confused:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Keep us updated.. everytime I read an article about Formula BMW I remember your previous post about your brother.

I have heard that in order to succeed in professional motorsports you basically need to dedicate your entire life to it. It sounds like that's what your brother is going through, best of luck to him and your whole family.

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The first race is at Lime Rock Park in CT. It's the last weekend in may and FBMW is headlining the event. After that it's in montreal with Formula 1, indianapolis with F1, then the rest are with CART in Denver, Laguna Seca, Ohio and Wisconsin. I dont know the exact dates, they are saved on my computer at school. The format is 2 30 minute races per weekend during prime time hours. thats why they are not racing in Toronto because they could not be guaranteed a prime time spot at the molson indy.

Things are still a little sketchy though, he doenst have a full year's worth of sponsorship dough, but hopefully we'll pull through.

Thanks for all your kind words everyone. BTW, his name is Trevor Daley so you'll know who to cheer for!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts