SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wonderin what are the big NOS heads in the forum/mailing list use to efficiently put their high-laughing-gased-induced hp to the street? Manny G. , Frank O., and other NOS heads pushing 100+ thru the blue bottle, how do you do it? It wouldn't hurt to give some launch tips to.

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
The best way I have found to hook up BIG GAS, was not to purge the air in the line from the bottle to solenoid and hit it about 3,500 bogs ever so slightly and comes in kinda gradually but only in first, second gears still spin city. But this only works once ,then the airs gone on the next run. I had 4-fogger system on my '91 75hp was the best on street tires 50 bogs, 100 boils. On Slicks 150hp hurts, 125 hooks , 100 sucks. I dont think you can run over 100 with stock fuel system and 4-foggers system pressure gets way too low. If your talking single fogger I don't have a clue.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops forgot about the numerous variables w/ NOS. Lemme make it a lil more specific. A 100 shot single fogger dry setup controlled by a tuned ecu from you-know-who..good ole Jim Wolf. Would you wanna hit below the or after the mark at which NOS is activated (around 4k)? And what size slicks are optimum to hit really good times. And last but not least, what is best to launch laffing gas w/o slicks.

·
Registered
782 Posts
When I was on the bottle I ran the JWT 100 shot setup and was able to run a 12.8 @106.5. I ran this with 22x8x13 M&H slicks on Kiezer 13x9 wheels. I pulled consistant 1.79 -1.81 60' times with these slicks. All I had on teh car was a PRI CAI, Hotshot Header & Greddy Exhaust. This was on my 1993 Sentra SE-R (Stock Motor, head & cams 98000 miles). I was able to turn up the jet a little a couple of times (.060 rather than the .052) running 118 octane leaded fuel. Remember NOS can be a very good upgrade , but also put into consideration tuning and superb maintenance. I have lost motors on the bottle and on dynoes, so be cautious. You must know exactly what you are doing when working with NOS. The working perameters for NOS is very thin, either it works well and runs hard or it works like **** and you blow motors.

Louis Anaya
Apex Motorsports

PS- Check out the archives on www.se-r.net search for APEX/NOS/Louis/Anaya/APEXSER in any combination and you should find some answers there.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by APEXSER:
You must know exactly what you are doing when working with NOS.
Louis Anaya
Apex Motorsports
</font>
Hmmm..turn the switch to the ON position, rev the motor up, wait for the las amber to drop and HOLD ON!!!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
100 shot would probably not be fun on the street unless you wanted to buy new tires and wait for 2nd or 3rd gear to hit it. with my 50 shot, I cant even hit it in first gear w/o blowing off the tires. the jwt kit is also a progressive kit, so it progressively gives you more and more, and with mine, it is all at once. you basically have to know when to get in and out of it too. and I agree with louis, NOS can be dangerous, but when tuned right, it can be the best upgrade besides a turbo you can put on your car besides a supermodel

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
the jwt kit has always been progressive iirc.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How light is the JUN flywheel on your car?

Also, I was wondering if turning on the nos at a much later time would help. Say for example I line up against any car. I leave the switch off until I reach 3rd gear. From then on, I should be up to speed and I wouldn't have as much unnecessary wheelspin as compared to leavin the kit on from the start of the race.

[This message has been edited by CruznSER (edited 01-15-2001).]

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
it is around 10 lbs. I don't know excactally, but somewhere around there. it is not the 9 lb one though.

------------------

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
never been to the track, but went door to door with a 00 ws6 t/a.

------------------

1 - 12 of 12 Posts