SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would a 60 shot jet be if the 50 shot jet is a .036 size jet from NOS? Zex uses a .038 for 55 shot so would a 60 be a .040 jet? please help cause i want to up it a bit.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone ever try this? who has a 60 shot? Helllloooooooo

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
redman007:

I see in your sig that you have a JWT nitrous system, no? If so, then changing the jet probably won't do too much for you, other than lean the engine out. The ecu controls the fuel, and a bigger nitrous jet won't make a difference. The fuel makes the power, not the nitrous. Without telling the ecu to flow more fuel (because of a bigger nitrous jet), you'll run lean. Which isn't good. Not at all. Re-program the ecu if you want more fuel and more nitrous. I use a direct-port NOS setup (not the JWT), so I'm just going by what I see in your sig.
If you don't have the JWT nitrous kit, then I'd say bump up to a .040, and bump up your fuel jet the same number of jet sizes, just as a starting point. NOS has a jetting chart that is easy to use. Just plug in your fuel pressure setting, and the corresponding nitrous jetting is easily found. The NOS Tech guys will fax this to you. Only good, though, if you're using a single fogger wet system (non-JWT) or a direct-port (4 fogger).

Remember...the fuel makes the power, not the nitrous. If in doubt, you can always call the NOS Tech Line (# is on their website www.nosnitrous.com).
Hope this helps.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, JWT pop, header, ProActive
clutch, ST bar, NOS direct-port 75hp, Autopower 4-point roll bar/harnesses.
[email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

[This message has been edited by SERprise In WV (edited 06-27-2001).]

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn I thought I could get away with the .038 jet since it felt great but jst a lttle more. oh well I'll call Jw in the morning and ask them more info. the ecu says dont go bigger than .036 but I never listen to the stickers like for off road use only hehe
thanks

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Hello fellow squeezers! Finally got to run my Zex kit...At first I had a 26 jet in there..Im guessing I was running something around a 30 to 35 shot...could feel a slight difference but nothing major. Later on in the day I switched to a 34 which supposedly is supposed to be a around a 50 shot..The wierd thing is it didn't feel very much different. Now one thing is that the bottle is getting low so could it be since the Zex system adjust to bottle pressure that its not putting out as much nitrous anymore? Also just to let you know I am still running my stock clutch but its wierd its not slipping or anything. I was led to believe that with anything near 50 I should be able to feel a major difference..any suggestions? Im definitely gonna see how it feels after I refill the bottle. Wish me luck! Also one more little sidenote...my jet in my fuel line is the jet Im supposed to use with a 65 shot..I did this just to make sure there is enough fuel there..but am I running to much fuel? Should I change the jet to the recommended jet? I rather lose a little bit of performance than my motor...

------------------
Irwin 96 200sx SE-R (stock)

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Hello fellow squeezers! Finally got to run my Zex kit...At first I had a 26 jet in there..Im guessing I was running something around a 30 to 35 shot...could feel a slight difference but nothing major. Later on in the day I switched to a 34 which supposedly is supposed to be a around a 50 shot..The wierd thing is it didn't feel very much different. Now one thing is that the bottle is getting low so could it be since the Zex system adjust to bottle pressure that its not putting out as much nitrous anymore? Also just to let you know I am still running my stock clutch but its wierd its not slipping or anything. I was led to believe that with anything near 50 I should be able to feel a major difference..any suggestions? Im definitely gonna see how it feels after I refill the bottle. Wish me luck! Also one more little sidenote...my jet in my fuel line is the jet Im supposed to use with a 65 shot..I did this just to make sure there is enough fuel there..but am I running to much fuel? Should I change the jet to the recommended jet? I rather lose a little bit of performance than my motor...

------------------
Irwin 96 200sx SE-R (stock)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can't answer that one cause the only jet I have is the NOS jet. the fuel is controlled by the ecu with the JW nos kit also retards timing beow stock as soon as nos hits.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
put the next size jet in yesterday and ran it. awesome! you can definitely feel more power and wheel chirpping! the air fuel meter still read rich when I squeezed several times so I know I'm good to go. thanks any way guys.60 shot for sure!

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Nice, I will be ordering my nitrous setup in a few weeks. Just gotta make some calls to get the best price.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU

·
Registered
194 Posts
soopastank, the NOS bottle reminds me of a CO2 cartridge...when its full it rocks, as you get near empty, its there still but is lacking.

-So first if everything else is installed correctly you should try using a full bottle (was it full when you first installed the zex?).
-Second, are you using a bottle heater? This can make **all** the difference, the bottle needs to be heated to 87-90 degrees to work at maximum effect. If not, you're only spraying about 600 psi of nos instead of 900 psi of nos, and this may mean you're running overly rich, which means no hp gain.

hope this helps alittle, still new when it comes to nos myself.

later
Bryan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts