SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anybody running nos on there car got any tuning tricks? Im holding out from the jwt ecu and 300zxtt injectors and pump till i upgrade to the 100 shot. Im running a dry 50 shot and i just installed it and was wondering if anyone knew any pointers. Also do you know how much and what type of difference it will make by spraying the nitrous in the CAI instead of the throttle body?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I use a .42 fuel jet and a .34 nitrous jet, use a heatrange 6 plug gapped to around .28 and you should be ok. oh, and set your timing to 14 degrees. also check out your fuel filter, o2 sensor, and anything else that helps. A well tuned car off the bottle makes it that much better.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive got the kit installed all except 2 things: 1) The "fuel pressure safety switch and 2) The microswitch.

I guess the microswitch will just take some tinkering around to find a good spot but has anyone installed one using an existing bolt where the switch is activated at full throttle...Im not crazy about drilling holes in my engine or intake manifold.

And the fuel pressure switch says it should be mounted in the fuel rail test port fitting (schrader?). IT says that or on some banjo fittings on the fuel filter. I checked both spots and couldnt locate either of these. IT appears to me the fuel filter just has a hose running in and out.

Thanks alot for any info that could help me.

G

·
I've never installed one of these kits, but if all you want is a switch to come on at full trottle, then surely you could mount the switch underneath the gas pedal? Then when you floor it, the switch will be activated at the NOS will flow
No need to aim a drill anywhere near the engine bay...

·
Registered
350 Posts
When I first tried installing my microswitch with the enclosed bracket it was kinda tricky. After bending the bracket a dozen times to find a good spot, it got flimsy and eventually broke. I went to the hardware store to pick up some braces-the ones used for bracing 2 pieces of wood together. Theses small braces have holes already and are thin enough in case you wanna re-drill your own holes. They had ones for 90degree angles but I just bought 2 straight pieces and made my own bracket. I used a nut and screw to join the 2 pieces like an L or 90degree bracket. I did it this way so I could adjust the angle of the switch to make sure it CLICKED at WOT. The bolt I mounted the bracket to was between the intake manifold and valvecover. There are 2 brackets that connect the intake manifold to just under the valve cover-right and left bracket. On the right bracket there are 2 bolts-top(int.man) and bottom(valve covr) bolt. I bent one end of my L bracket, drilled a hole in it, and secured it to the bottom bolt on the right bracket(by valve covr). On the other end of my L bracket, I installed my microswitch. Sorry this might sound really confusing, but it worked like a charm. Sorry too for the long post, but the microswitch was the last thing that I did and also took the longest. Just trying to help out. I'd email pics if I had a digital camera, sorry...

As for the fuel press switch, I used a brass T-fitting and used it in conjunction right after the fuel filter. Remember to connect the ground wire from the 2ND solenoid(one leading to throttle body) to any of the 2 terminals on the fuel press switch. The remaining terminal on the fuel press switch is to be grounded.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, the microswitch was a total bitch to do and took alot of time to get it right. I just totally bypassed the fuel pressure switch and went with a fuel pressure gauge instead.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

G

·
i dont know too much about nos except for the fact that it puts me back in my seat when i use it! i cant wait to see what my 1/4 time is gonna be, does anybody have a clue with all the stuff in my sig what i can do?

------------------
92 NX2000, pop charger, 2.25" cat-back exhaust with Naxos muffler,JDM intake manifold, MSD 6A with master blaster 2 coil, 50-75 shot nos, 370cc injectors, hotshot header and 17" enkei suzuka's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts